☽︎Parasomnia☾︎

...

"I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight." Stiles rattled off to his father as he and Y/n followed the man into his office.

"Please go to school." Noah pleaded in vain.

"I already tried that." Y/n sighed as she sat on the couch, waiting for Stiles to be done with his rant so they could leave.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf." Stiles insisted.

"Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating a witch who's sister is a werecoyote. I'm still not sure what Kira's supposed to be."

"Kitsune." Y/n lazily called, her head now resting on the back of the couch.

"When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station," he waved his hands around for emphasis, "you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."

"Y/n could actually do th- wait. What did you do?" Stiles cut himself off to narrow his eyes at his dad.

"What?" Noah glanced down at himself. "What do you mean, 'What did I do'?"

"There's something different about you." He looked Noah up and down.

"What are you talking about?"

Stiles moved to be right in Noah's face as he tried to look closer at the details, trying to find the thing that was different. "What is it? What's different?"

"For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school. Y/n get him, please."

"Yes, sir." Y/n got up and grabbed Stiles' hand, intending to pull him out of the station, before he spoke up again.

"I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens."

"No." Noah denied. "You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion."

Even Y/n paused at that, knowing Stiles came to the same conclusion as she did. "Well..."

"Except you're not the only one." Stiles and Y/n both looked to the benched deputy who was going through a file.

Noah had to admit defeat at that point. "Parrish!" Jordan was tasked with the check up on the Raekens, which only produced one document for Stiles to examine.

"So you ran a background check, and all you found was a speeding ticket?" Malia asked as she followed Y/n and Stiles up some stairs at the school.

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago." Stiles explained.

"Which means what?"

"Who speeds?" He stopped walking to address the sisters, which neither of them answered. "People trying to get away from something."