Chapter 3

Xavier's POV:

12 years I have been Alpha King. I've made sure to rule fair and make decisions that are best for my people. I've also made sure hybrids are not hunted and killed. I spent years making treaties with other supernaturals so hybrids are not longer considered abominations. It also turned out there were a lot more hybrids out there than we thought.

There are also a lot of supernaturals that are mated to someone who isn't the same supernatural as them. But me? I haven't found my mate and I'm 32 years old. And because of that I've grown more ruthless.

Tonight is my annual ball that I throw for people to find their mates. But at this point I've given up. I'm not attending this year, I'm just going to get work that needs to be done completed. Just as I was about to start my work the door slammed open and in walked Cole, my best friend and beta.

"Get your ass up and out of that chair, you are going to this ball." He said.

"No!"

"Yes now get you ugly ass out of that chair and get ready. The ball has already been going on for over an hour." He said trying to convince me.

"I told you I'm not go-" I was about to finish my sentence when the most amazing smell of strawberries, honey, and lavender hit my nose. I abruptly stood up and left my office. Azrael and Lucifer were going crazy.

"Dude where are going?" Cole asked.

"I smell my mate!" I said brushing him off to find the owner of the smell. As I turned the corner there she was, in a sparkly pink dress, nude heels, and her hair was in a braid.

I walked up behind her and she started to back up and backed right into me.

"I finally found you mate!" I said, my breath fanning her neck, and she gasped.

"Turn around." I whispered in her ear. At this point Cole was long gone.

She slowly turned around and when I saw her face my breathing stopped. She had beautiful blonde hair and hazel eyes. Just by looking at her you could tell how innocent she was. I'm not sure why she was paired with me, but I thank the moon goddess she was.

"Hello mate, and what is your name?" I asked her and she turned bright red.

"D-Divinity." She said in the softest voice I had ever heard. She sounded just like an angel.

"Divinity." I said, testing her name on my tongue. She blushed even more and it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen.

"W-Whats your n-name?" She said stuttering from nervousness.

"My name is Xavier little one. How old are you Divinity?" I questioned as she looked so young.

"I-I turned 18 a m-month ago. How old a-are you?" Eighteen! She's only a child compared to me, but never the less she is my mate.

"I'm 32 little one. Does it bother you that I'm older than you?" I asked, but I'm terrified that she will reject me because of our age difference.

"No, your only 14 years older than me, at least your not 50!" She said with a small smile on her face. I must have zoned out while staring at her ask she called my name.

"Um Xavi? I really need to go to the bathroom." She said with a small blush on her face.

"Of course little one! This way." I said as I grabbed her hand and lead her to the bathroom, trying my best to ignore the sparks and controlling both Azrael and Lucifer.

I lead her to the bathroom and she went in. She finished quickly and as we were walking back towards my office she suddenly gasped.

"Xavi I've been gone for so long my mama and dad have no idea where I am. I wasn't supposed to wander around alone." She says and tears start to fall from her eyes.

"Shh little one it's alright! Let head back to the ballroom and find your parents alright?" I said in hopes to calm her down. Which luckily it worked.

We walked down the hall that lead to the ball room and as soon as we entered everyone gasped and stared. Probably because I was holding hands with a small girl who looked no older than 16.

Suddenly a man and woman ran out of the crowd and Divinity left my hand running to them and engulfing them in a hug. Azrael and Lucifer were not happy with the idea of any man touching what was ours. But calmed down when he noticed she smelled like them, meaning they were related.

"My darling where were you, we have been looking for you for the last 30 minutes! What did I tell you about wandering off by yourself." The woman who I assume is her mother scolded.

"I'm sorry mama! I had to use the bathroom and couldn't find you, so I went to look for it and got lost."

"We are just glad you are alright sweetheart. But please don't scare us like that again. Understood?" The man asked.

"I understand dad, I'm sorry! But there is someone I'd like you to meet." She exclaimed and came back over to me, grabbing my hand and dragging me to her parents.

Everyone around was watching what was going on with curiosity.

"Mama, dad! This is my mate, Xavier!" Divinity exclaimed as everyone around gasped.