Garcello x Reader: Dating Hcs and Scenarios

TW: Mentions of Smoking, Drugs, And Depleting Lung Heath.
If these trigger you, I suggest skipping the first two paragraphs.
Stick to the last one and the bulleted hcs. Stay safe, y'all.

You are more than free to make garcello x y/n content based off these scenarios. However i'd prefer for you to either reblog it on this post, mention me in the post, or mention me and link this post for proper credit.

Cutting It Cold Turkey:
At a passerby glance, Garcello is usually mistaken for some sort of crack addict, drug dealing bum. On the contrary, Garcello when you get to know him had shown to be a kind-hearted, understanding and very chill young man. He just smoked. Smoked to a point where even his breath resembled that of a cigarette puff every time he opened his mouth. It was his main source of therapy for a lot of years, having claimed it helped "calm the nerves". This wasn't a surprise, since a lot of people (including him) tried out smoking to calm their anxieties or give them a break.

However his constant, and unhealthy dependence caused his lungs health to deplete to a concerning degree. Constantly coughing, getting in the way of his speech and even making him break out into a cold sweat if he uses up too much energy. None of the air he ever breathed in was fresh; even when he wasn't smoking the flavor of the smoke and the chemicals still resonated on his lips and in his mouth. It was slowly ruining him, and bringing him down a bad road.

The irony is your relationship with him slowly grew and eventually soared because of your genuine concern for him. Garcello, again, is a very caring person. He wants the best for others, and shows his selflessness quite often, even at the expense of his own image. So many people get the wrong idea about him, or are unwilling to help him. Not you. You were and are his drive to work on himself, his habits, and his well being. You sincerity, your care, your aid. That's a key factor as to how you two came to be so close, eventually agreeing mutually that your friendship had blossomed into more. While your relationship was blossoming, so was his progress on finally quitting it cold turkey. For you, for him, for the both of you and the bond you had sealed.

Once he actually starts to learn and realize this is a bad habit for him, it takes him a very long time to commit his effort to quitting for good. It's addictive, and was his source of therapy for a long time. You have to start out slow, but the good thing about it is the fact that your kindness and concern for him is what pulls you both closer. It's a long road, but you both walk through it with flying colors; even when you get close to tripping on some bumps. Although, it's not just him making progress. Your relationship is more than just you helping him. No matter what you have going on, he's going to aid you through as well.

Garcello x Reader Dating Headcanons:
One of the methods you both used in order to help him quit persisted long after he had finally gotten himself clean. Even long after his health started to improved, he came to show that you had both gotten him (as a shared effort) addicted to sweets. You two will often end up at the same sweet shop every time you run out of stock; having gone their to try out candy cigarettes when he first dedicated himself to quitting. It was an elongated process, evolving from candy cigs, to chewing gum, lollipops, and his eventual favorite: pocky. Not only was he dead set on trying every single pocky flavor on this planet's existence, but you two could make a game out of it. Every time the pocky was pulled out, it would initiate the ever so popular pocky game, which he never minded. Not only were they tasty treats he could share with you, but he also gets to share a kiss with you after every stick.

For example, imagine one day you're just sitting on the couch, Garc having been out a bit late as per usual. Around this time he'd be getting himself some or you both some McDonalds, or any other kind of fast or comfort food when you hear the door slam open. Garcello had kicked the door open with his foot, struggling to carry arms full of pocky boxes, about two boxes of every flavor he could get. He'd greet you with an excited smile on his face, tilting his hat up with a shaky hand, dropping a handful of pocky boxes in the process

"Garc.. what are you doing?"
"Y/N we HAVE to try all these out.. they just stocked up on all the new flavors."
"Don't we normally go to the candy store together? I could have helped you carry some of those you know."
"Ya but I'd rather surprise you.."

He's trot over, stopping himself at the couch's arm; standing to the one closest to where you're laying before dropping all the boxes into your lap. The large grin would not leave his face.
"So which one do you want to try first?"

Garcello is very much an animal person, and it shows. He's more on the compassionate side, so that pertains to more than just his human relationships. Dogs and cats, bunnies and guinea pigs, chicks and ducks, the kind of animal doesn't really matter. That being said, there will often be times where he suggests bringing home an animal, or getting a pet. Something within your own preference of course. But he will end up showing a more childish side of himself in these circumstances, often giving you the puppy eyes, on his knees practically begging with them. Thing is this is a constant thing, and will happen every single time you and him come across any sort of cute animal.

Perhaps one day you and Garcello are walking down the street, keeping it cool while keeping up a grounded conversation. One second you'll hear a response every time you finish speaking, the next you hear nothing. You look around, and still nothing. He had disappeared. Before you have any sort of time to panic a crash and bang is heard, followed by a cat loudly hissing and meowing. Next you know, your boyfriend is standing at the outside of the alley way you were both going passed, holding a now sleepy little kitten.

"Can we keep them?"
The week after, he's got a squirrel eating away at his hat.
"Can we keep them?"
The next day, he's got a goose going for his knees.
"Can we keep them?"
An hour later, he has an alligator with Garcello's boot knee deep in its mouth.
"Can we keep them?

He doesn't have an incredible amount of energy, so he'll opted out of getting active by lazing around and getting playfully whiny if he's pushed to go outside. He doesn't mind it at all, he cherishes the fresh air that he can finally get; but at the same time he cherishes some grounded time with you even more. Sweet little things, little rituals you'd never even think too much about. Brushing his hand up against yours, bunking down and enjoying a show or a movie, even cracking dad jokes or puns on the side. Light-hearted, harmless fun. It's a drive for him, and something that brings him genuine comfort as well as relaxation. He's always got the most content and love stricken expressions on his face during these moments, showing evidently how much of a dork he is.

You two could be splayed out on the couch, not even bothering to move or get into a more comfortable position. Let's say your back is in his lap, the back of your head on the couch's arm. He's lazed out, back leaning to the side with his legs curled up under you. You're watching your favorite movies, or binge watching your favorite show with his hand barely brushing over your own. You two end up having a light conversation, the context being a bit all over the place. You talk about nothing in particular. It's just words, reply, words, reply. In these sorts of situations, he decides its a good time to inject a pick up line.

"Hm.. hey sugar?"
"Yes?"
"I've been thinking.. do you think I'd make a good criminal?"
"...What?"
"I think I'd make a great one! Especially after all the cool tricks you've taught me.."
"Cool tri- since when did I show teach you how to-"
"Well first you stole my heart! I figured you were just borrowing but you kept it.. pretty sure that's illegal, sugar."
"Oh my god Garc wh-"
"So since you stole mine.."
He'd gently grab your chin, pulling your head up towards his. He's give you a snicker before rubbing his nose on yours.
"I think it would be the perfect crime to steal yours back."

Even with how chill he is, he get's flustered incredibly easy, and may even end up crying if he gets overloaded with affection and support. In the good way of course! It's easy to mistake him getting all flushed and red for embarrassment, but it's also because he's rather touch starved. Before you can in, he didn't bother to take care of himself much. Now that he has you, he's almost always smiling, even staying up late at some points just looking back at when you first met, and the progress you've both made since. Your kind nature, your never ending support, the nurturing and mutual care in your relationship. How couldn't he cry over it? It's just so amazing to him, he'd never trade it for the world. But since you make him happy, you best believe he is going to provide with the exact same amount of care you give him. Perhaps even more. Kisses, spoiling you as rotten as he can, cuddling you into his chest and rocking you back and forth, writing you little letters every morning he goes out.

Let's say you had a rough night, or a rough day in general. No matter the severity, Garcello's main concern is at least giving you a bit of comfort and assurance before you head to bed. That and spoiling you properly as a sentiment to show you how much he cares.

"Sugar cube.. how is everything?"
"..."
"... You don't need to talk about it if you don't want to."

His arms would envelope around your back, his grip on you is hard yet gentle. Secure, safe and cozy. If it's particularly cold that day, or you're shivering, he'll slink his jacket off his shoulders and wrap you up in it before pulling you into his chest, leaving kisses along your forehead and cheeks.

"You're ok.. it's all going to be okay."
"I'll.. be.. o.. okay."
"You'll be okay.."
"I'll.. be okay.."
"That's it.. even if you aren't right now, I ain't leaving you. Never ever. You hear?"
"Okay."

The entire rest of the night, he'd hold you there. Talking with you, whispering to you. If you feel ready to open up and talk, he'll be a listening ear. If you still feel like you can't, or you don't want to, that's also okay. Either way, he wouldn't leave you side. When you wake up, you'll have been tucked into bed (if it was cold his jacket would still be around your shoulders). Instead of the kitchen area, or by the door, the card he usually leaves you will be by the night stand.

"Morning sugar cube. I cooked you some breakfast, in the firdge if you want to eat it. If you don't that's fine too. Let's make today better.. you're strong, and I'm so so proud of you. See you later today, Love Garcy."

He's not much of the jealous type, but he has his moments. It's much less jealousy, more so worrying that he's not doing a good enough job for you. With how much you've helped him, it would be criminal for him to undersell as a romantic partner. That's why he tends to spoil you as much as possible; especially after he quits. Less money spent on cigarette's, more money spent on you and your time together. If he ever feels as if his relationship with you is being tested, or someone is trying to intervene, it will both upset and drive him. When these cases come to the table, it's quite obvious he's getting at least a little bit antsy and jealous. You can tease him about it, but he has a genuine fear of losing you. However he is not overbearing, or restrictive in any sort of way. These are mainly from when his relationship with you is getting poked into directly. He won't get snappy, but he may cry over it at points. Crying yes, but if you find yourself genuinely uncomfortable by some sleazes flirting or even advancements; he'll get much more possessive and even a bit intimidating (towards the person bothering you). It's a mix of protectiveness, a fear of losing you, and a fear of disappointing you

You run your hand through his hair, fixing his hat and staring into his eyes. Even with the black shade that keeps his eyes concealed to the dark, you can still see them shine through. They're filled with terror and worry. You take a hold of his hand, his free one gently grasping your arm.

"Garcy?"
"Yeah, Sugar..?"
"You know you have nothing to worry about, right? I think I've already proved that I ain't leaving your side no matter what, have I not?"
"I'm- I'm just scared hun. I want nothing more than to make you happy, you know? After all you've done for me and.. all the kindest you've shown me throughout our time together-"
You place a hand on his cheek.
"I showed you that kindness because I care, Garc. I know you care about me too, you're doing a better job than you may think."
He leans into it.
"I am?"
"Of course, you're always yourself. That's what makes me happiest, since you are you. Perfect for me. Okay?"
"Okay."