An Assassin's Target-2

Lilah

    I almost forgot the events of yesterday. Almost. The warmth of the body next to mine reminded me. His arms were banded around me, his chin resting on my head. Spencer. I pressed my back against his chest, our legs tangled together. Strange as it may be I felt.. safe in his arms. I never wanted this to end. I chuckled quietly at the realization a bit of rope was still loosely wrapped around one of my wrists.  The different pieces of my dress were scattered around the room, as well as Spencer's clothes. I shifted slightly, his arms tightening around me.

    "Stay." He mumbled, his voice heavy with sleep.

    I just smiled. "I wasn't going anywhere." I turned so I was facing him, brushing my thumb over his cheek.

    "Mm good." He buried his face in my neck, his thumbs brushing small circles into my lower back.

    I gently lifted his chin so he could look at me. "I do need to talk to my parents though. You need to stay in here until I come back. Most everyone here would see you and call for a guard without a second thought. Alright? I'll be back as soon as I can."

    "Okay." He nodded, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "Just.. wait a few more minutes?" He asked, his arms still hooked around me. "I like this." He murmured.

    I nodded. "I'll stay." I smiled, lightly brushing my fingers through his hair.

    His content sigh was the closest thing I got to a response, his arms still around me as he held me against his chest.

    It was weird honestly, seeing how he was now that he wasn't trying to do a job. He seemed relaxed now, calm. And I wanted nothing but to stay with him for the rest of the day at least.

    "Why are you doing this?" His voice interrupted my thoughts as I looked up at him.

    "Doing what?" I tilted my head.

    "This. Staying with me, letting me hold you like this." He played with my hair lightly. "I was hired to kidnap you and you don't seem the least bit afraid."

    "I trust you. You've come to the palace to try and get me but every time you failed. I know how to read people. You don't want to hurt me." I purred slightly. "I can see you. You didn't want to hurt me, so you didn't."

    He nodded a little. "You should go talk to your parents." He murmured. "I'll be here."

    I brushed my thumb over his cheek. "I'll be back soon. Okay?"

    He nodded. "Alright." His lips pressed against my forehead before his arms fell away from around me.

    I stood, pulling on a loose dress and braiding my hair back. "You're staring." I chuckled softly, feeling his eyes on me.

    "How can I not? You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." I turned to find him smiling, sitting up. The blankets draped across his lap. His hair brushed over his forehead slightly, messy from sleep. I kneeled on the bed in front of him, brushing my fingers through his hair.

    "Quit with the flattery." I chuckle, lightly teasing a kiss. "Mm I have to go talk to my parents." I stepped back, grinning playfully at the small pout left on his face. "I'll be back soon."

    "I'm not calling you beautiful just to flatter you, you're definitely the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He smiled, just sitting on his knees.

    I chuckled softly and kissed his forehead, tossing his pants at him before leaving my room to talk to my parents.