Ghosts

I felt like I couldn't breathe. Hell maybe I couldn't really breath I don't know. My back stung badly, so did the back of my head. There was blood on the floor, mine or Lilah's I didn't know.

Lilah..

Shit shit shit. I reached out for my phone, grabbing it from the edge of the counter and dialing 911. I tried to sit up, wincing in pain when my hand met shattered glass.

"911 what's you're emergency?" I heard a woman's voice on the other end.

"My wife- they took her-"

"Sir please remain calm so I can understand the situation. Who took your wife?"

"I don't know- there were two men I think, they came into our apartment and knocked me out. I fell through the coffee table, I think at least? I think there's glass in my back?"

"What's your name sir?"

"Spencer Salmon." Why was she asking me this? She needed to find Lilah- she needed to send someone to help find her-

"Alright Spencer, I'm sending an ambulance to your location, and I'm sending the police as well so they can look for anything that may help to find your wife. What's your wife's name?"

"Lilah- Fairchild is her maiden name, if that helps anything. Find her- please find her." I needed her- I needed her.

"Sir we're going to do everything we can to find her. I need you to stay calm alright?"

"Okay.."

------------

Lilah

I couldn't move. My entire body felt numb. My head was throbbing, everything felt cloudy. Breathing seemed to be the only thing I could do, yet even that was an effort.

------------

Spencer

A couple hours later I was in a hospital room, curled on my side as my back stung badly. They'd gotten all the glass out, but it still had to heal properly. Will and Emily had been here earlier with me, but they'd gone to the police station to give them information on Lilah since I had to stay here.

I noticed movement out of the corner of my eye and glanced up, seeing a woman with black hair and brown eyes, with her was a man, brown hair and hazel ish eyes.

The woman walked over, sitting in one of the chairs next to the hospital bed. "Spencer? My names Emily Prentiss I'm with the FBI. This is Dr. Spencer Reid, we're here to help find your girlfriend. Is it alright if I ask you some questions?"

"Wife." I corrected quietly. "Lilah's my wife."

"You're married at nineteen?" The man blinked.

I nodded quietly. "Yes."

"48 percent of couples who marry before twenty end up divorcing within ten years of marrying."

I winced as he spoke, messing with my wedding ring.

"Reid, not the time." Prentiss murmured, shaking her head.

"Sorry." He gave an apologetic smile.

"Is it alright if I ask you some questions about your wife? It could help us find her, or at least whoever took her." She spoke softly, I knew it was to try to keep me calm.

"Yeah. I'll answer some question for you." I ran a hand through my hair. "But I think, I think I might know who took her."

Reid blinked. "You didn't tell the police this?"