Rivals.

(This is not a Spencer and Lilah story but rather a Will and Emily one, if I make a book like this one for Will and Emily at some point I'll transfer this over there)

Emily

Another interrogation. Big surprise. That's always why they called me, the only thing they used me for. Which sucked because I knew I could do more if they let me.

"Sherman. We need him to tell us where the others are." My father. Aka my boss. Definitely hated working for him but. And as for 'others', he meant our rivals. They were constantly moving their base, so no matter when we got close they were gone by the time we got there.

"Got it." I walked down to the basement, nodding to the guard we had outside the door as I passed.

I nearly froze where I stood when I looked up and saw who exactly was tied to the chair. Will. His hair was stuck to his forehead with sweat, his face was beat up and bruised, dried blood at his nose and the corners of his mouth. There was blood dripping down one of his arms. His shirt was torn at his chest and he was fully bound. His wrist, ankles and torso were all tied to the wood, and he was blindfolded so he didn't even know I was the person there.

The second the door latched I nearly ran over to him, the two of us alone in the room. I tugged the blindfold off of his head, dropping it on the bloodstained floor. "Will?" He barely lifted his head at the sound of his name. He looked so tired. I could tell he hadn't gone down without a fight. Of course he didn't, he had to protect his family. Who were highly associated with our rivals. They knew about me and accepted me, that I've been trying to get away from my father and start staying with them.

"Will can you hear me? Are you with me?" A faint nod was the closest thing I got to a response. "I'll fix this. I promise I'll get you out of here. I'll be back. I have to put the blindfold back on okay? I'll be back soon." I picked up the blindfold and tied it back around his eyes before walking back up the stairs to the meeting room. I stared at my father from the opposite side of the table than he was on. "No."

"What do you mean, no?" My father didn't even look up from cleaning a gun.

"I mean, no. I'm not going to do it."

"Do what?" He finally looked up, his almost black eyes staring down at me.

"I won't interrogate him." I shook my head. "He's already half dead as it is." My chest felt like it tightened slightly at the realization.

"And why not?" He stood, walking over to me.

"What could I possibly get from him when he can't even speak."

"It's never stopped you before. Give me a real reason." He kept moving towards me, backing me into the wall.

When I stayed silent his eyes darkened. "Don't tell me you care for him. You've never backed down before. So get your ass down there and get the information we need. Or you can join him."

"I'm not going to do it." The second the words left my mouth I felt a hand in my hair, gripping tightly as I was dragged towards the stairs leading to the basement.

"Stupid girl. You can't even do one thing right now can you?" He held dragged me down the stairs by my hair, ignoring me trying to make him let go.

I was shoved to the floor and before I could look up he had my wrists in his hand, pulling chains down from the ceiling.

"Let go of me!" I tried to yank myself out of his grip as he secured the cuffs around my wrists. "Let me out!" He pulled the other end of the chains over the rafters, forcing me up onto my feet. He attached the chain to a hook that was far out of my reach.