my unfinished symphony

they/them
angst, family based
summary: takes place after the war, with dream in jail.
warnings: violence, lots of sad.

--

the lava separated, y/n stood on the honey blocks, their sword still in hand. dream stood on the other side of the netherite blocks, his eyes on the diamond sword in his siblings hand as they slowly made their way over.

y/n stepped off the honey blocks once they stoppped and waited for the blocks to go down. they stepped closer to dream, silence between the two siblings.

"im going to kill you." y/n broke the silence, dead eyes locked with green ones.

dream looked at them silently still, no emotion on his scarred face.

"you left me. you betrayed me. you broke your promises. youre sick. youre sick dream, and no one like you deserves a life." y/n spat, gripping the base of their sword so hard their knuckles turned white. "you dont have attachments, right? what about me dream? hm? what about me?!" they swung then, with their fist, punching dream hard across the face. he fell to the obsidian floor.

dream slowly pushed himself up, onto his knees. he looked up at y/n and let out a shaky breath. "i only left to protect you." he whispered.

y/ns eyes filled with salty tears. they pressed their sword to dreams neck. "protect me?! where were you when tubbo took one of my lives?! or when techno took the other?!" they shouted. "i shouldve done this a long time ago." they raised their sword.

dream flinched. "wait, please." he begged. "please, y/n. its me. its me, your brother. are you really gonna kill your own brother? we're supposed to be a family. families stick together."

y/n glared down at him and swung, hitting the end of his sword against dreams head. "shut the fuck up! you have no right to consider me family anymore."

dream fell back to the ground. "please! y/n." he scrambled up and backed away from them. "r-remember.. remember when we buikt your house? away from lmanberg, in the woods. you loved it. and your dogs, and your parrot. please, remember the fun times we had? the campfires-"

"SHUT UP!" y/n screamed and swung their sword, cutting dreams arm open. "just shut up! that all ended when you left me! you left me you son of bitch!" they swung again, dream covered his face with his arm again, another 2ound next to the first. "i hate you, i hate you i hate you, i hate you!" they screamed as they swung over and over and over, sobbing harshly.

dream let out a quiet sob. "please.. just remember." he begged quietly.

y/n broke down, dropping their sword and falling to their knees shakily. they covered their ears and sobbed loudly.

dream slowly crawled over and wrapped his arms around his sibling. he rocked them gently. "we can be together again, okay? just.. just get me out of here." he whispered. "we can run away."

y/n let out a shaky sob and slowly picked up their sword. "as a wise man once said.." they whispered in dreams ear. "it was never meant to be."

dream let out a choked sob as the sword pierced his stomach. y/n stood up shakily and yanked his sword out of their brothers stomach. dream looked up at them, his hands over his wound and soft pants escaping his lips.

y/n laid him down carefully and pressed a carefully kiss to his forehead. "just go to sleep, dream." they whispered gently before standing, and walking away.

they stood on the honey blocks, sam brought them back over and carefully led them out of the prison.