Terms pt. 2

CUB

A cub is a smaller or younger bear, usually considered as being less experienced or mature in the bear subculture. They also are usually deemed as the bottom in sexual intercourse.

DOWN-LOW

Down-low typically refers to men who identify as straight but who secretly have intercourse with other men. Down low (or DL) originated in, and is most commonly used by, communities of colour.

DRAG PERFORMER/DRAG QUEEN/DRAG KING

Purple represents a passion for drag

White represents how ones body and face becomes a blank slate to change and create characters on.

Blue represents self expression and loyalty.

The crown represents leadership within the community.

The stars represents the many forms of drag.

Drag Performers or Drag Artists are a group of individuals who dress in non-traditional ways for their gender identity (such as men who dress up extremely femininely) and perform shows such as dancing, singing, lip-syncing, comedy, fashion shows, and so on. These individuals tend to switch pronouns when performing, have different names when performing, and have a character/persona they perform as.

DRAG QUEEN

Drag Queens are the most common of drag performers. Drag Queens are typically men, masculine-aligned, neutral-aligned, or androgynously-aligned individuals who dress up femininely and often use she/her pronouns when performing, regardless of what pronouns they use outside of performance. However, one can be transfeminine and a drag queen as well.

Drag Queens do not have to be assigned male at birth. They can include transgender men and transmasculine people as well.

DRAG KING

Drag Kings are women, feminine-aligned, neutral-aligned, or androgynously-aligned individuals who dress up masculinely and typically use he/him pronouns when performing, regardless of what pronouns they use outside of performance. However, one can be transmasculine and a drag king as well.

Drag Kings do not have to be assigned female at birth. They can include transgender women and transfeminine people as well.

FAUX QUEEN/KING

A Faux Queen, Diva Queen, or Hyper Queen is a subset of a Drag Queen used to describe someone who is a woman or is feminine-aligned, but preforms as a Drag Queen. Even though they aren't 'crossdressing,' they still exaggerate their femininity in a way that can be described as a performance, and seen as such.