Mspec lesbian and he/him lesbian

If there are any spelling mistakes in this, please do tell me! I talked with different lesbians and WLW people while writing this as i wanted their approval on writing this, and they were supportive of the purpose of this whole essay, which was trying to understand as well as explain. They received drafts and early access, and everything went through them, with one WLW person basically being my co-writer in a sense. And please again, no slandering any of these things on here! This is supposed to be educational, after all, and looking through the lense of learning more about why some might find comfort in these. I do allow calm discussion, but please no attacking others and insults and such. If something other than calm discussion occours, then those comments will probably eventually be deleted as to not start more fights or have anyone else coming to start anything. If you have any suggestions for further topics, feel free to leave them in the comments!

ADD-ON

I found a term that could be used instead of this that is much less controversal and seems more liked, kind of almost like a middle ground between those pro and anti this stuff; bi/pan sapphic or mspec sapphic. I'm not really sure how to rewrite this chapter now to include this, so instead i am just going to put this add on here at the start of the chapter.

BI/PAN LESBIAN AND MSPEC LESBIAN – SOME WAYS A PERSON MIGHT WANT TO USE IT.

Now before we get into this, let me put down short what one definition of lesbian is: it is a queer attraction towards women, and can be used by anyone EXCEPT binary men.

Now with bi/pan lesbian and mspec lesbian and such, it actually touches on something i have mentioned before. So far, i have settled on two explainations and descriptions for this one that are the most common ones.

Let us start with the first: that some use it as a way to differentiate their romantic and sexual attraction.

Now there are numerous reasons why someone could identify as an mspec lesbian. One of the most common is that someone may use the Split Attraction Model (SAM). Now i forgot to mention this in the last chapter, so apologies for that, but i learned about what it was recently, so i guess we are all learning!

Now the SAM is a system that separates different forms of attraction. For example, my partner is asexual and panromantic, so they would be someone who's using the SAM. Me as well, to a degree. This can work the same way with non asexual/aromantic individuals. They may use bisexual and homoromantic to explain their attraction, so with bi/pan lesbian (and in that case, also mspec vincian), it would be kinda be like that.

So to explain with another example; A person (in this scenario, a woman) can be sexually attracted to the same gender, but still have felt romantic attraction towards a number of genders including the opposite. That isn't uncommon. In this case, such a person would potentially be bi/panromantic homosexual, aka a bi/pan lesbian. Now let's change it up. Let's say... a man is romantically attracted to other men, but have felt sexual attraction towards women in some cases. In that case, they would likely be homoromantic bisexual, aka a bi vincian. See what i mean? It can be used as a more specific or more comfortable way to describe their attraction.

Everything is not just black and white. Sometimes, a person isn't just gay, straight, bi, pan, etc etc. Sometimes it is a bit more complex. Heck, some people might feel their identity is so complex that they themselves are not sure of what it might be. Some people might feel there isn't an identity or term that best describes them, while some others might feel no need to label themselves. There all labels for all those, for those who might wish to use them. Either way, what is important is that they are comfortable. It is their identity. Sometimes people might feel a combination of labels describe them better.