Oriented aroace & angled aroace

THE ORIENTED AROACE & THE ANGLED AROACE FLAG

The dark blue stripe at the top represents aroaces

Grey is for affiliation with the wider aro-spec and ace-spec communities

White is for the orientation apart from aro and ace.

Teal green is for nonromantic, nonsexual attraction.

The yellow stripes were chosen as an opposite of the blue of the oriented flag

The light brown gradient beneath them meant as a visually-appropriate parallel to the grey gradient of the aromantic and asexual flags.

DEFINITION

An oriented aroace is an aromantic asexual (aroace) individual who experiences a form of tertiary attraction, that they feel is significant enough to warrant a place alongside their aroace orientation.

Oriented aroace individuals identify with another orientation label, but in a nonromantic, nonsexual way. For example, oriented aroaces may identify as a bi aroace/bi oriented aroace or gay aroace/gay oriented aroace. This additional label can be based on any form of nonromantic, nonsexual attraction, such as platonic attraction, sensual attraction, aesthetic attraction, alterous attraction, queerplatonic attraction, etc. or a combination of these.

The term oriented aroace is used to refer to those who are strictly aromantic and asexual.

An angled aroace is a individual that is both ace-spec and aro-spec (though not necessarily strictly aromantic and asexual) who experiences some form of attraction that they feel is significant enough to warrant a place alongside their aro-spec and ace-spec identities. This attraction can be a tertiary attraction, sexual attraction, or romantic attraction. The term was intended to be used by those who are not strictly aroace (suptiliaromantic and suptiliasexual).