Chapter 15: Do You Like What You See?

Kara was running, out of breath, but she had to push on. She could hear the footsteps coming after her.

"Kara.." the voice called after her.

She kept running, her heart rate was elevated, she was sweating, she was terrified. No matter how fast she ran, she could still hear the person coming closer and closer.

She took a turn down a hallway, but to her dismay it came up as a dead end. She began to cry as she was now trapped.

"Kara.." the voice came again, Kara saw the shadow of the person creep closer.

"Please! Leave me alone!" Kara cried, cowering in the corner. She sunk down, hugging herself. She was shaking hard, she couldn't hear her own thoughts over her heart beat.

The footsteps got louder as they approached, turning the corner, a tall man appeared. Their appearance was familiar, but she couldn't lay a finger on it. 

Were they blonde? Or was it black hair? She couldn't tell, the form kept shifting like a glitch, swapping between two bodies.

"Ka-ra.." the voice shifted with the body, a mix of a deeper raspy voice to one of a lighter but creepier tone.

As the figure approached her, she pleaded for her life, screaming for help or mercy.

"No where to go, Kara.."

The figure stopped in front of her, crouching down.

"I'm going to kill him,"
"I need your help,"

The words were spoken together, she could barely understand.

"And then I'll kill you,"

A hammer appeared in the hand of the figure, it raised up high, and then swung with a great force towards Kara.

"Kara!"

Kara sat up in bed, tears streaming down her face, she looked around the room rapidly.

"Loki?!" She cried, looking for him.

"No, just me," Tonna said, sitting on the edge of the bed next to Kara.

"Are you okay, my dear?" She asked, wiping Kara's tear stained cheeks.

"I, I don't know, I, I had a really weird dream," she said, out of breath. She looked around the room, still in a daze. It felt so real.

"Loki's in danger,"

"Yes, as we've discussed,"

"No, like actually in danger, Thor is going to kill him! And.. and me," Kara said.

"Kara, it was a dream, you're going to be fine," Tonna soothed, rubbing Kara's back, "everything will be okay,"

"But how do you know that? They could be torturing Loki as we speak," Kara stressed, she got out of the bed and threaded her fingers through her hair.

"Kara, sweetie, it's okay, I've made breakfast, we'll discuss the plan after, but let's get you something to eat, okay?" Tonna said, grabbing Kara's hand and leading her out to the kitchen.

Eggs, bacon, and toast were stacked on plates, the smell filling the kitchen. Kara's stomach growled. All she had had to eat yesterday was a few chips that Jack had bought.

She hurried to the table, making her plate, her eyes bigger than her stomach. She sat down and started scarfing it down. Yeah, a little "un lady like" but who cares?

Tonna chuckled at her daughter, holding a hand to her chest as she watched her. She had finally got to meet her, well, meet her again. Her world felt put back together.