Chapter 10: Close Your Eyes Not Your Mind

Loki laid still in bed, holding Kara close until he felt her breathing calm down, signaling she had fallen asleep. He sat up, slowly pulling himself from her as she slept. She looked so worried, even in sleep. A frown was set on her face, her body unable to fully relax.

Loki looked her over, biting his lip. What had caused her such distress? To be such a sobbing mess? He gulped as the hand print on her neck was already bruised dark. That couldn't have been him, right? He'd have more self control than that. He placed his hand gently over her neck, comparing the prints.

It was already clear that wasn't his hand, his fingers were longer and more slender, while the bruising was thicker and shorter. He pulled his hand away, brows furrowed. Who had dared to touch his queen in such a way?

Loki growled as he placed his hand over Kara's forehead. If he couldn't get the truth willingly, he was going to have to invade her mind.

Images of Kara trapped underneath Thor, fighting against him, threatening her, touching her, choking her, almost killing her fled through Loki's mind. Kara running away after agreeing to his terms and then finally running into him.

Loki pulled his hand away, his eyes opening wide.

"Thor," he growled, standing up from the bed after looking at Kara one last time. If Thor thought he would get away with this, he was rudely mistaken.

He stormed out of the chambers, locking the door behind him so no one could get in. He calmed his composure, walking down the hall. Every bone in his body told him to kill Thor. Well, he was going to get close to it.

———

Thor arose from his sleep, stretching his arms and looking around the room. He frowned when he saw no sign of Kara. He stood up, going to the door and opening it. Looking down each way of the hallway, he put himself back in the room, turning around to walk back into his room, bumping into Loki.

"Ah! Oh gods, brother, you did scare me a bit," he said, clearing his throat. "What has brought you here?" He asked, though he knew good and well what did.

"Thought I'd stop by, was wondering if you'd seen Kara anywhere? I haven't seen her since two nights ago, when we consummated our love for one another," he said, adding that last part to aggravate Thor.

Thor frowned. Had she not gone back to Loki? Where did Kara go?

"I, I haven't seen her, if I remember clearly, you told me to stay away," he rolled his eyes.

"I did, I did do exactly that, brother," the words were laced with rage.

"Now, if I think logically about her whereabouts, she would not have run from me after our consensual rendezvous where she did receive ample amounts of pleasure from me, she must have been taken, and would you have the slightest idea of who?" Loki asked.

Thor grimaced but pretended to think about who it could be.

"Well, what if she did run from you?"

"I beg your pardon?" Loki faced him fully.

"What if she ran from you? Maybe you scared her off by proclaiming your love, she is a whore after all, and most whores do not fancy the idea of being tide down to one man," Thor explained.

"Is that what you think?" Loki said, biting his tongue to hold back the curses he wished upon Thor. "You think she'd like to have more than one partner? And do you know if she has found that partner?" Loki raised an eyebrow, "because I can almost guarantee by the way she moans my name and begs me to fuck her, that I have left her completely satisfied, and that if any man would want to attempt at taking her quim, it would be met with a fight in resulting her weaker form to have rather hostile marks left on her," Loki hummed, now pacing in front of Thor slowly, not losing eye contact for a second.