Chapter 12: Master of Both

"Kara, dove, breakfast is ready," Loki hummed and walked over to her. She lazily looked up at him with a smile before frowning and looking around, almost forgetting where she was. They weren't in Asgard anymore, that's for sure.

The night had been long, the punishment having lasted for hours. She could barely feel her legs, still recovering.

She stumbled a bit on the way to breakfast, her legs wobbly and core still aching. Loki watched her with an amused smile, eventually picking her up and helping her downstairs.

He sat her down on a chair at the end of a very long table. It was next to his even bigger chair, much grander than all of the others. Loki sat in his chair, a hand immediately going to lay on her thigh.

Within seconds, people were already coming to lay food out on the table. Kara was shocked, where did they come from? How were they here? She didn't know what was going on. She looked at Loki with a confused stare but he just waved it off, looking down at the plate placed in front of him.

"Loki, I-" she started but then a plate was also shoved in front of her. She looked up at the person, an older woman. Her eyes were piercing blue, the same blue as the man who had opened the door for them yesterday.

She quietly thanked her and she smiled then walked away. Her and a few others lined the wall, watching the two of them eat, all with the same bright blue eyes.

-

Kara's hand was clasped in Loki's as he showed her around the castle. She hadn't got much of a look around yesterday since Loki had other plans.

They were in the back gardens. The arrangement of flowers and bushes were similar to that of Asgard. The flowers weren't as extraordinary as they were there, being just simple midgardian ones. A frown settled on her face.

They were on Midgard.

Why had Loki taken her there? What was the point?

"Loki?" She started off, voice hesitant. He glanced at her, sensing her nervousness.

"What is it, my dove?" He hummed, rubbing a thumb over the back of her hand.

She took a quick breath before speaking. "I.. why are we here? Where did this place come from?" She asked, frowning.

Loki looked at her. "I guess it's time I told you," he said, "remember, a few moons ago, I had told you I was burdened with... glorious purpose," he started, looking around the garden. She watched him carefully, nodding as she thought back to that.

"Well, seeing as Odin refused to put me on the thrown of Asgard, I've had to look elsewhere," he said, grabbing her hand and leading her inside.

"Let me show you something,"

———

Kara was sat on top of his desk in the office of the castle. He was eyeing the bookshelf that lined the wall, seeming like he was searching for something. His eyes lit up when he read out the title of one of the books and plucked it from the shelf.

"Have you ever heard of the Infinity stones?" He asked, glancing at her. She shook her head, leaning to try and see what the book he was holding was. A smirk fell on his face at her answer and he opened the book, placing his hand on the pages.

"Well, they're six immensely powerful gems, each tied to their own aspect of the universe. Time, space, mind, power, reality, and soul," he spoke, his face twisted as a dark smile crept on his lips. A greenish blue light lit up the page as he stuck his hand through it. Kara watched closely as he pulled out a golden scepter, a glowing orb sitting at the end.