*Chapter 17: I Own Your Heart

❌chapter warning: sexual content

Kara's eyes fluttered open, slowly taking in her surroundings. Her head hurt, same as the last time she woke up from using the scepter. She moved to get up but felt an arm wrapped around her. Her heart fluttered as she looked over and saw Loki, eyes closed, brows furrowed and lips slightly parted as he dreamed next to her.

She slowly got comfortable again in the bed. She still didn't recognize the room, but Loki was here, so she was safe. She felt his slow breathing against her neck, the warm air sending chills down her spine. She could lay like this forever with him. She missed this so much.

But of course it couldn't last long, she quickly felt nauseous. Her mouth watered with the need to throw up. She quickly pulled herself from Loki's arms, stirring him awake.

"Kara?" He asked, voice raspy from sleep.

"Bathroom," she quickly said, before covering her mouth with her hand.

Loki shot out of the bed and lead Kara to the bathroom that was down the hall. She ran into the room, dropping in front of the toilet and throwing up in the bowl. Loki held her hair up behind her and rubbed her back. He had a look of concern on his face.

"Darling-"

She held a hand up to stop him, before throwing up more in the bowl.

Loki waited it out until she finally pushed herself from the toilet and sat against the wall. He got up, grabbing a wash cup and filling it up, as well as wetting a rag for her. He handed her both of these.

She swished the water in her mouth before spitting it in the toilet and then wiped her mouth with the rag.

"Dove, what's wrong? Are you sick?" Loki questioned, taking the items from her. He placed them on the counter then sat on the ground next to her.

"You came in me, stupid," she groaned, but leaned her head on his shoulder. Loki frowned, not understanding at first, but then his eyes widened in realization.

"You're pregnant," he said, looking at her.

She nodded, looking back at him.

"I found out yesterday, 3 weeks," she said softly, placing her hand over her stomach.

"Dove, I.." he started, placing a hand over hers, "are you happy?" He asked quietly.

She smiled at Loki, and nodded.

"They might've had some bad timing, but I'm happy," she said.

Loki smiled at her, grabbing her hand. He placed a kiss on the back of it.

"I just threw up, don't get too mushy with me," she laughed softly. Loki helped her stand up.

"Loki, where are we?" She finally asked.

"Your mother calls it a hotel, she said it'd be best for us to stay here because they might find us at her home," He explained.

Kara nodded, looking at herself in the mirror.

"They didn't question you bringing an unconscious women with bruises on her neck in?" She raised an eyebrow, fingers grazing over the purple marks.

Loki looked at her, "they didn't pay much attention," he shook his head, "barely looked up from their desk,"

"But, we've got the day ahead of us, what are you feeling for wardrobe?" He hummed, coming up behind her.

With a flash of green, her outfit changed. It was a stunning dress, Kara would love to wear it.