Her Family

Upon reaching her house, Abir stopped to take in his surroundings. He saw a two storeyed mansion in front of him. It was in the middle of a well maintained garden which gave a peaceful vibe to the place. He was looking around when there was a soft tap on his shoulder. He turned to see Mishti behind him with a questioning gaze.

"I was just looking around. I like the place. It's nice."

"Well thank you. I bet your place is also like this. Come let's go inside."

He followed her and stood behind her while she rang the bell.
The door opened to reveal a frowning Rajashri.

"Kahan gayi thi Mishti? Do you have any idea how worried I was when I found your room empty in the morning? Uper se phone bhi nahi uttaya? Ab chup kyon ho? Kuch bolna nahi hein kya?"

"Agar aap bolne dogi, thub bolungi na" mumbled Mishti

Abir chuckled softly hearing Mishti but stopped after seeing Rajashri glaring at Mishti. That's when Rajashri noticed Abir behind Mishti. She folded her arms in front of her waiting for Mishti's explanation.
Just then Nishant walked up to them and stood behind Rajashri. He raised his eyebrow at Mishti seeing Abir behind her. She just blinked her eyes at him and turned to Rajashri.

"Badima mein jogging ke liye gayi thi. I wanted some alone time. Aur phone silent pe tha. Mein ne nahi dekha sorry." said Mishti giving her puppy eyes and cute pout while melted her anger.

Abir stood there adoring her puppy face. Her adorable face melted his heart. He was snapped out of his trance when Rajashri enveloped Mishti in a tight hug. Nishant noticed Abir but chose to remain silent.

"It's okay. I was just worried about you. So who is this young man?"asked Rajashri breaking the hug and pointing at Abir.

"Haan I almost forgot. Yeh Abir. Woh actually I collided with him while jogging and we fell down. He got injured. So I figured Ketki can take care of it and brought him home. So Ketu kahan hein?"

"Woh room mein hein."replied Nishant. Even though Nishant understood who Abir was he remained silent.

"Teek hain. Come in and have a seat Abir. Mein Ketu ko bulathi hoon."

Abir nodded at her and she went upstairs.

"Good morning Ma'am." Abir greeted Rajashri with folded hands and turned to Nishant

"Abir Rajvansh"

He held his hand out for Nishant to shake which Nishant gladly accepted.

"Nishant Maheshwari"

Hearing his name, something clicked in Rajashri's mind. She looked at Nishant for confirmation and he nodded his head in return. She stood in front of Abir and removed his hoodie. To say Abir was shocked was an understatement. He never saw that coming and just stood there with wide eyes.

"Beta tum Abir ho na, the actor?

Abir recovered from his shock and flashed her a smile nodding his head.

"Atlast kisi ne tho pehchan liye. Mujhe tho aisa lag raha tha jaise mein kisi aur duniya mein hoon."

The duo stared at Abir in confusion.

"Matlab?" asked Nishant

"I am talking about Mishti. When I told my name I thought she will recognise me  but there was no such reaction. Instead of telling her I am an actor, I told her I am a businessman which is true by the way. She said she knows about my company and my name sounds familiar but still didn't figure it out. Atlast I removed my mask so that she can see my face clearly but no luck at all. Instead she gave me advise to not wear mask while jogging as it may affect my breathing." whined Abir.