Thinking About Each Other

Abir was silent on the way back home which was quite unusual of him. Kunal and Rohit shared a look seeing their brother silent. Even though they reached their house, Abir didn't move. It was as if he was in some other world. Only when Kunal nudged him, he realised that they have reached. He wordlessly got down the car and went straight to the front door without sparing the duo a second glance.

Abir was received by a angry looking Dadi when he entered the house. But her look turned to that of concern when she saw the small bandage on his arm. She took quick strides to reach him and started inspecting his wound. A smile worked its way to his face seeing the change in his Dadi. One second she was angry at him and the next concerned for him after seeing the small bandage.

"Kahan gaya tha tu Abir? Aur yeh chot kaise lagi? Phone kyon nahi uttaya tune? Agar tujhe kuch ho jata tho?" She was ranting non-stop and Abir had to keep his finger on her lips to stop her.

"Dadi breathe. Calm down. Now take a deep breath." She followed his words like an obedient child "Ab yahan baito. Aapke sare sawalon ka jawab mein dunga. Okay?" She nodded and took a seat.
Abir turned to Rohit "Rohit Dadi ke liye paani leke aa." Rohit quickly went to the kitchen and Abir took a seat next to Dadi.

"Dadi mein jogging ke liye gaya tha. I fell down aur yeh chot tab laga tha. Don't worry it's just a small scratch. Aur phone silent pe tha isiliye meine calls aur messages nahi dekha."

Rohit came back with four glasses of water and gave each to Dadi, Abir and Kunal and took one for himself.

"Lekin tu gira kaise aur yeh patti kisne ki?"

A smile crept on his face remembering the happenings of that morning which did not go unnoticed by Dadi.
"Woh ek ladki ke saath takrayi. Uski behen ek doctor hain aur yeh patti usne kiya."

"Woh ladki kaun thi?" She was curious to know who the girl was, as the thought of her itself brought a genuine smile on her grandson's face.

"Woh Dadi aapko yaad hain Varun mera schoolmate?" Dadi nodded "Woh ladki Varun ka neighbour hain. Meine Varun se bhi mila."

"Sachi. Bohot saal hogaya usse milke" said Dadi reminiscing old memories

"Kisse milke Ma?" came a voice from the other side of the room.

Maasi entered along with Kuhu. Kuhu smiled upon seeing her brother.

"Good Morning bhai"

"Good Morning" answered Abir cheerfully as it was indeed a good morning for him. Met an old friend and an interesting girl. Smile wasn't leaving his face and Maasi and Dadi shared a look upon seeing this.

"Woh Maasi meine aaj Varun se mila."

"Sachi. Phir tune use yahan kyon nahi laya?"

"Woh aayenge. Meine invite kiya use."

"Aur Maasi aapko pata hain, Varun bhai ki engagement hain next month." chimed in Rohit

Abir shot daggers at Rohit for bringing the topic of marriage in front of Dadi.
Poor guy couldn't understand why his brother glared at him and raised his eyebrows in question. Then he saw Kunal and Kuhu trying hard to contain their laugh seeing the exchange between them. Rohit processed his words in his head again and understood what he had done now. He gave puppy eyes to Abir and mouthed sorry but it was too late as Dadi and Maasi were already looking at Abir expectantly. He gave an I will see you later look to Rohit and faced Dadi.

"Woh mein jaldi fresh hoke aata hoon. It was really dusty outside. Aur aapko tho dust allergy hain na Dadi. Agar aapko kuch ho jata tho." signed Abir dramatically and took quick strides towards his room before she could say anything.