Chapter 1- Just Met

Y/N p.o.v

"Of course, Mr. Grossberg. I'll see you tomorrow, then."
I finished the call with my new boss.

I stood in front of the office building, taking a deep breath.
You can do it, Y/N. Your first real job.

After working at my aunt's law school for three years, I decided to finally go out of the nest, and get a full time job.

I am going to be an a secretary and assistant at the Grossberg law offices.
I remember the day I set with him for an interview, giving him my resume.

I remember being so stressed, reading it over and over again before printing it. Some of the stuff I wrote burned into my mind.
Y/N L/N, 25 years old.
Graduated from (a very known university) with a tec and finance degree.
Has 3 years of experience working at (a very known law school).

I hope the people I work with are nice... I hope I will do a good job... I-

"Woah there, gal!
Don't want to slam your pretty face into the pole, am I right?"
A hand landed on my shoulder, stopping me.
I realized that I was a few inches from a streetlight near the entrance.

"R-Right! Thank you, sir."
I turned around, smiling awkwardly at the person behind me.
He was very masculine, with messy black hair. There was a nice, short beard on his face.
He was wearing a long, red shirt and a cream colored top with a black tie.
I noticed that he was taller than me, only one head above me.

My heart started beating faster.

He also quickly scanned me, noticing the badge Grossberg gave me.
"You must be our new assistant.
Pleasure meeting you, miss. My name is Diego Armando.
May I hear the name of this fair maiden?"
Diego asked politely, bowing a little while gesturing his hand for a shake.

I was completely flustered by his manners, but I quickly gathered myself and shaked his hand.
"Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you too, Mr. Armando."

While shaking our hands, he noticed my bag.
"Would you like me to carry it for you?"
"Um, no, thanks for the offer. There's nothing heavy here."

Armando landed a kiss on my hand.
"Very well, then. C'mon, I'll show you around."
He led me into the building, his hand on my back in a friendly manner.

Diego Armando was so charming.
I could already see how polite and caring he is.
I also noticed that he has a constant smirk on his face, and it seems like no power in the universe, could wipe it off. No matter what.

I've only known him for a few minutes and I already feel like I'm falling for him...
Y/N! PUT YOURSELF TOGETHER!
You just met him, you can't just feel like this! That's ridiculous!

"Something's bothering you?"

"H-Huh?"

"Your eyes glare at nothing and you are deep in thoughts, although something really bothers you."

"O-Oh! Um, I'm just a little worried about this new job, that's all."
I smiled at him.
Armando didn't look convinced, but he accepted my answer.

"Don't worry, kitten.
The boss told me to tell you everything you need to know.
Alright, here we are. After you."
He opened the glass door, letting me in first.

"G-Good morning, Mr. Armando!
And you must be...?"

"Y/N L/N! Your new... uh, assistant! Nice to meet you. And you are...?"
I shaked her hand.

"Mia here? She is a rookie.
In fact, she is going to have her first trial tomorrow!"

Mia rolled her eyes, although she smiled. Diego took a sip of his coffee.
WAIT A SEC. Where did he get it from? We were here all the time!

"Mr. Armando is the best defence attorney here in the office, if not in the world."
Mia told me.

"Hold on there, kitten. No need to present me like that. I am as good as anyone in this office."
Diego chuckled and put his cup down.

"Yea, right."
Mia said sarcastically.
"By the way, everyone in the office is busy with a case today so it's just us three here, although boss told me to go home early.
Anyways, I'll go read the files. It's going to be pleasure working with you, Y/N."

"Thanks, you too! Good luck!"

Mia picked her folders and ran into one of  the rooms in the hallway, probably hers.

"Isn't she a feisty one? She took a really hard case for her first time."

"Really? Her determination is admirable."

"Indeed. A death row inmate who killed an officer."

"Woah, that's harsh! And she's going to be there? On her own?"

"No, not at all. In fact, I assigned myself to be her counselor to help her with the case. She doesn't know it yet, so don't ruin the surprise, capich'?"
Armando took another sip.

"Yes, of course, sir."

"No, no, no, princess."
He tsked and put his cup down.
"Rule number one: we are all friends here. 'Diego' or 'Armando' is enough. Although Miss Fey here is still insists on adding 'Mr.'"

"A-Alrighty then, Armando, but you just called her-"

"I just follow her stubbornness."
He shrugged.

"Your desk is here, at the entrance. This phone here has all of our numbers and all of the numbers of the phones of each room. If you press here, you can say a massage to everyone in the office.
Here on the screen you have a chart of everyone's working hours, only the boss can change it to notify you who should be in the office.

Nevertheless, your job is quite simple. Uh, here. I'll write it down.

-Everyone should be in the office up until an hour after their time in the chart. If not, contact them.

-At one o'clock everyone should finish sending you food orders and money to order from the restaurant in the other side of the street.

-People may come here to meet lawyers, so notify them and direct the newcomers to their room

-All the formal e-mails are sent to your computer, so direct them to the right lawer. We might also ask you to send formal e-mails to different lawyers and offices.

Got it?"

Armando wrote everything in a few points and stuck the stick note onto my desk.

"Uh, yea!
That's kinda a relief, not gonna lie.
I expected it to be harder..."

Armando chuckled.
"That's nice, gal. Now, if you don't mind me adding another little thing to do..."

"O-Of course not! What is it?"
I quickly said, desperate to impress him.

"I'm a man who likes coffee.
In fact, I have 108 different blends for coffee. Here's the list."

"Came prepared, I see..."
I giggled as I looked at the longgg list.

"I have a rule for myself of not drinking more than 17 cups of coffee in one trial, so I'll have to ask you to prepare them for me every time I go on one.
You can try the blends for yourself, of course.
In regular days, I'll go and make my cups myself, of course. I don't like being stuck in my office and I won't miss an opportunity to see your pretty face."

I looked away, trying not to blush.
"Uh, is there a favourite one?"

"Number 102. How about we make it now? Get familiar with the coffee machine?"
Armando proposed.

"S-Sure! Let's go!"