Chapter Five

The Next Morning, The Five VKS were in their first class of Remedial Goodness 101 with Fairy Godmother.

Fairy Godmother: "If someone hands you a Crying Baby, do you A, Curse it? B, Lock it in a tower? or C, Give it a Bottle or D, Carve out its heart. Evie?"

Evie: "What was the second one?"

Fairy Godmother: "Okay anyone else?"

Carlos wasn't paying attention. He was sketching the crown that he found in the Sleeping Beauty themed room when he and the others were at the Museum the night before.

Fairy Godmother: "Carlos?"

Carlos: "Hm? Oh, C. Give it a Bottle."

Fairy Godmother: "Correct. Again."

Sam: "Dude, your on Fire!"

Fairy Godmother: "Yeah Im genuinely surprised that you got them all right. Not that if you didn't I would give up on you, I'd never! Its just after all those years on the isle, I thought no one would have a moral compass. That was not a shot at you four, I understand the things your Parents did wasn't your fault."

It was true. Despite being a VK, Deep down Carlos did have morality and deep down knew who he was; a good person. But Even Carlos was surprised that he got all the questions right so far."

Carlos: "I don't know if anyone cares but this Friday is my Birthday so.."

Fairy Godmother: "Aww..Is it? Happy Early Birthday!"

Carlos: "Thanks..I have a question?"

Fairy Godmother: "Oh yeah, go ahead."

Carlos: "Every Night on May 2nd, my birthday, I see floating lanterns from the isle coming from Auradon. What are they for?"

Fairy Godmother: "Oh..Those Lanterns are actually for...well...a few years ago..on May 2nd, 2001, Sleeping Beauty gave birth to her second child after Audrey...Andrew. The Kingdom celebrated but that same night, Someone took Andrew. Unfortunately, despite some of the best people on the search, No one could find Andrew anywhere. Aurora and Phillip were heartbroken so they decided from that day and every day on Andrew's birthday they would release floating lanterns into the night sky, which is what Queen Arianna and King Fredric did when Rapunzel was taken by Gothel."

Despite Being a Villain Kid and Cruella De Vil's Son, Carlos felt genuinely bad for Audrey. She seemed so happy yesterday despite something so awful happening to her younger brother years ago. Carlos also thought it was odd he was born on the exact specific day, month and year as Andrew was. But there couldn't be any correlation to the both of them. Could there?

After Class Carlos walked over to Audrey who was at her locker grabbing her stuff.

Audrey: "Oh Carlos...uh hi!"

Carlos: "Hey..um...I just wanted to check to see if you were..okay?"

Audrey: "Oh...yeah...Im fine. Why?"

Carlos: "Fairy Godmother told me about your..brother..Im so sorrry. That must've been super hard on you and your family."

Audrey: "Yeah it was the hardest part of my part. Sometimes I blame myself for not being IN The room to stop it...Like I could've helped but...but.."

Carlos puts his hand on Audrey's shoulder.

Carlos: "Hey...you can't blame yourself for what happened...The only thing you can do is move on and try to live your best life."

Audrey: "(sigh) I know. Your right but My Brother's birthday is this Friday and My Parents still have some hope to find him again. I love my parents but...I..lost hope and don't think he...he..(gulp)..."

Carlos: "Hey if you need someone to talk to..just know Im here."

Audrey: "Thanks..."

Carlos: "I mean I seen the lanterns from the isle and thought they were for me."

Audrey: "wait you saw the lanterns?"

Carlos: "Yeah everyday on my birthday The Lanterns your parents release end up going above the isle, most of the isle didn't care but since they only appeared on my birthday I felt...special..I always wanted to see them in person."

Audrey: "wait...The Lanterns are only released on my brother's birthday...Whens your birthday?"

Carlos: "May 2nd, 2001."

Audrey: "Thats exactly when my brother was born.."

Carlos: "A Massive Coincidence I guess.."

Audrey: "Can I ask you something Carlos?"

Carlos: "Yeah sure.."

Audrey: "um...Do your parents..celebrate your birthday with you....or.."

Carlos: "I kinda celebrate it with my friends. My Dad walked out on me and My Mom...and My Mom...well...she says she loves and cares for me and I bought it untill she had me do all the chores and responsibilities in the house while she either sleeps all day or goes to hang out with Maleficent, Jafar, Scar, and the Evil Queen. For some reason...I felt like I was the one person on the isle that didn't feel like I belonged. Unlike the other VKS I actually had morality and tried to be as good of a Person I could be despite knowing I was likely never gonna go to Auradon.."

Audrey: "And I guess..You getting invited to come here came across as a big surprise?"

Carlos: "Yeah...If Anything I was actually excited to come here..to like...maybe start a new life or something. One where I wasn't neglected most of the time, one where I wasn't the bully target of everyone."

Audrey: "well...If you need a friend to talk to...about anything...just know Im here for you too."

Carlos: "Thanks Audrey.."

Audrey: "Hey...um...The lanterns are being let go Friday and Me, Jane and Lonnie were gonna go see them. Wanna come?"

Carlos: "Yeah...I was intending on seeing them anyways. What time do they start?"

Audrey: "they start around 11ish. That was around the time my little brother was taken.  Every region of Auradon lets lanterns into the sky. It's really nice."

Carlos: "do you have a specific place you watch them from?"

Audrey: "yeah. We go to the tallest tower of my grandparent's castle, where my mom was born. It's amazing from that view."

Carlos: "hmm..."

Audrey: "well I have to go to my next class now. Wanna talk later?"

Carlos: "sure I need to head to my next class anyways."

Audrey: "great! See you later!"

Audrey walked away heading to her next class when Carlos had a feeling. A feeling that was telling him he belonged there somehow despite being a VK.