Chapter Eight

The sun started to set and the entire kingdom of Auroica started to prepare the lanterns near the dock. Carlos walked through the front yard of Aurora and Phillip's castle which was aligned with bushes with red roses in them. Carlos took a deep breathe and knocked on the large bright pink door and waited till Audrey answered it.

Audrey: "Oh hey! Come in come in!"

Carlos walked through the door into a giant float with a pink and blue chandelier and two  staircases.

Aurora: "Oh hello!"

Audrey: "Mom. Dad. This is Carlos, one of my newer friends."

Carlos: "Hi."

Aurora starred at Carlos for a minute, almost as if she recognized him despite this being the first time they actually met. Or was it?

Aurora: "I'm sorry have we met? You look so familiar."

Carlos: "I'm one of the VKS that arrived here a few weeks ago."

Phillip: "Oh that's right! How are you liking Auradon so far?"

Carlos: "I like it. To be honest I'm way happier here then I ever was in the isle."

Aurora: "Good! I'm glad your happy here."

Carlos: "Its also my birthday."

Aurora: "Oh my gosh it is!!? Happy birthday!"

Carlos: "Thanks."

Audrey: "Okay so this interaction has been fun and all but we really should start heading up to the main tower."

Aurora: "Of course. Nice to meet you again Carlos."

As Carlos and Audrey walked away Aurora still couldn't help but still look at Carlos familiarly.

Aurora: "Hey honey. Don't you think it's a little odd that his birthday is one the exact day Andrew's was and that he looks strikingly like Andrew?"

Phillip: "Yeah I did think that was a little bit of strange timing but it's probably a bunch of coincidences."

Aurora: "Yeah your probably right."

Audrey and Carlos went through the hallways and up a spiral staircase to the North Tower, the exact tower that Phillip woke Aurora from her sleeping curse twenty years ago. Jane and Lonnie were already waiting there.

Lonnie: "Oh hey Carlos! Glad you could make it."

Carlos: "Yeah me too."

The group all walked out onto the balcony together and very shortly the sky turned pitch black and the lanterns started to float from the entire kingdom. Aurora and Phillip held each other closely as they released the last lantern into the sky.

Carlos:
All these days watching from the windows
All these years outside looking in.
All that time I never even knew just how blind I been.

Now I'm here blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here suddenly I see..
Standing here it's so clear that I'm where I'm met to be!!

And at last I see the light and it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light and it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright and the world has somehow shifted

All at once everything was different now that I see you...

Carlos kept thinking about the files and checked on them when he opened the bag. He could've easily give Audrey the files and tell her the truth he found but he couldn't. The memories must've been too painful for her to think about again.

Jane: Hey are you okay?

Carlos: Yeah I'm fine.

The two stood next to each other, not really saying anything when their hands started to get closer to each other. Carlos and Jane looked at each other and blushed a tiny bit.

Carlos: Hey...um..this is probably a bad time to ask you this but um...do you..wanna maybe go out some time?

Jane: Wait..wait..are you actually asking me out?!

Carlos: Well..I uh..*starts to blush a bit* I..heh..

Jane: *mumbles* Its about time..*kisses Carlos*

Carlos: *face completely blushes*

Audrey: Oh my god. GIRL YES! You need to tell me how it goes later.

Jane: Oh don't worry. I will.

Carlos: *smiles to himself*

Audrey: All those days chasing down a daydream

All those years living in a blur.

All that time..I never really saw things the way were.

Now he's here shining in the spotlight

Now he's here suddenly I know

If he's here its crystal clear I'm where I'm meant to stay

Both: and at last I see the light

Audrey: and its light the fog has lifted!

Both: and at last I see the light

Carlos: and it's like the sky is new!

Both: and its warm and real and bright and the world has somehow shifted.

All at once, everything was different now that I see you....

Audrey: *smiles and looks down of the balcony and sees green magic glowing in the garden*

Jane: You okay Audrey?

Audrey: hm? Oh..heh..yeah. I'm fine. I'll be right back I need to check on something.

Audrey leaves the tower in order to curiously check out the green magic glowing in the garden which the others apparently weren't able to spot.

Audrey: *goes through the doors into the garden*

???: Audrey..................

Audrey: Uh..hello? *walks through the pathway as green fog starts appearing on the ground*

The forest was dark and noises started happening from the darkness as the eerie female voice kept on calling Audrey's name,

Audrey: *keeps walking*

Cruella: **appears behind Audrey** You are not gonna take away MY son.

Audrey: huh?!

Cruella: *bashes Audrey with a cane and knocks her out*

Maleficent: **makes herself visible* Ugh finally. That was taking way too long. *rolls eyes*

Cruella: whatever. Take her back to the isle and lock her up in the castle.

Maleficent: What about Carlos? That little shit is starting to catch on to what's really going on.

Cruella: Oh don't worry. I have everything under control. I will win him back. *walks away and Maleficent follows*

Guard: HEY!!! Who goes there!? Answer to me or answer to their majesties King Phillip and Queen Aurora!

Maleficent: oh I would love to answer to them. Afterall it has been a good twenty years sense I seen them. *revealed her true self to the guards*

Guard: MALEFICENT!!

Cruella: yes yes it is darling.

Maleficent: *uses magic to possess the guard*

Guard: GAHHHH!!!! *eyes turn into a green foggy color and texture*

Cruella: Perfect. *smiles*