Chapter Six

Carlos went to his next class while thinking about all the weird coincidences like the same birthdate. 'Surely that must only be a coincidence' Carlos thought to himself before he was snapped back to reality.

Mal: "Carlos! You Okay?"

Carlos: "Oh...Yeah..I'm fine."

Mal: "So..we we're gonna try to get the wand again this Friday."

Carlos: "Oh...Friday?"

Sam: "Yeah it's our best opportunity considering everyone's going to see lanterns or whatever that day. Something about a baby disappearing or something years ago or whatever."

Carlos: "That day really doesn't work for me.."

Jay: "Why?"

Carlos: "I already planned something with Audrey that day."

Evie: "Well someone's trying to fit into Auradon."

Carlos: "Yes. So you guys can go since clearly you guys don't care about my birthday. Mal can be the leader since she's been dying to. I'm sorry."

Mal: "Carlos-I"

Carlos walked into the classroom and sat next to Audrey. As Flora started to go on with the lesson Carlos started to sketch the lanterns on his notepad as they were on his mind a lot and he started to reconsider stealing the wand overall.

Flora: "So as you all know, this Friday is the birthday of the lost child of Queen Aurora and King Phillip. Lanterns are being released in the sky around 11PM, the exact time the young prince was tragically taken from Auradon."

Fruana: "In other news, this thrusday is also Family Day here at Auradon Prep so you can look forward to your folks coming to visit."

Audrey: "(whispers) hey are you good?"

Carlos: "Hm? Yeah, I'm okay."

Carlos went about his day not even really thinking about the wand or any of the plan but kept going back and forth. Can he possibly be the long lost child of Aurora and Phillip? Carlos pushed the though to the side hour after hour but couldn't stop thinking about it.

Later at night Carlos and Jay were getting ready to go to bed.

Jay: "Hey Carlos? Are you okay? You haven't been exactly yourself lately?"

Carlos: "Hm? Oh yeah. I'm fine. It's just there's just this weird thing that's just been bothering me."

Jay: "What is it?"

Carlos: "So Friday is my birthday and it just also happens to be the birthday of Aurora and Phillips son that disappeared all those years ago and things add up suspiciously well. Both of us were born at the same time, on the same date on the same year. You don't think that could be me? Right?"

Jay: "What? That's crazy! You are Cruellas son! I mean all of this sounds like a major coincidence to me."

Sam: "Yeah that sounds way too much of a stretch to be true."

Carlos: "Guys things click a little too well for things to just be a coincidence."

Jay: "Yeah well..uh..even if it is true everyone probably already moved on from it since it was a long time ago."

Sam: "Yeah I don't mean to sound jerkish but they probably just gave up on you ever being apart of their life and moved on and can you really blame them? They supposedly lost you fifteen years ago, what reasons do they have to believe that their child would randomly just show up again right around the time VKS show up? What are the odds of that happening?"

Carlos: "Yeah. Your probably right. Night guys."

Jay: "Night!"

Sam: "Night."

The three all turned their lights off and Carlos drifted asleep.
...
Aurora: "NO!!!!!!!!!! MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Phillip: "WHERE IS HE?!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS MY SON?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GUARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEARCH ALL OF AURORIA, SEARCH OTHER NATIONS IF YOU HAVE TO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cassandra: "We came here as fast as possible."

Phillip: "I WANT ALL OF AURADON TO BE SEARCHED, EVERY SINGLE HOUSE, STREET, FOREST!!! I WANT TO FIND THE VILLAIN RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING MY SON!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mulan: "Your Highness Please calm yourself! I fully understand and get why your upset and in distress, Cassandra and I will contact the other nations. We contacted Belle, Beast and Fairy Godmother."

Aurora: "Good..Just...Bring Back my Baby..."

Cassandra: "We will..I Promise."

Cassandra: "Look we....(voice trembles) We tried and tried but....Look I-..(gulps).."

Aurora: "NOO!!!!!!!!!!"

Carlos: AHH!!!!

Carlos bursted awake, sweat running down his face and heavily breathing. He looked around seeing the other boys asleep. Carlos sighed went to the bathroom to rinse his face off and then started doing more research into the situation and connecting the dots more and more noticing that his birthmark looks identical to the one of the files and stuff he found in regards to the long lost prince.

The next morning came by realatively quickly and Mal and Evie stopped by to see Carlos still awake, sipping coffee and still researching.

Mal: "Uh what's going on???"

Jay: "I don't know what's wrong with him. He's been up all night on coffee."

Evie: "Doing what??"

Sam: "Well he did mention to us about..I..I don't know. Somethings going on. His birthday is on the same date as when apparently one of Auroras children disappeared and they have the same birth mark and everything. He showed us the files and everything."

Mal: "wait wait..This is all insane. There's no way any of this can be legit."

Jay: "I thought so too. I thought this was a crazy  coincidence too until I started to look into it and oh my god.."

Jay handed over the files to Mal. Mal and Evie skimmed through them and Mal shoved them back to Jay.

Mal: "No...no..This is too much I'm not entertaining this. I'm out."

Evie: "Mal..."

Mal: "I'm sorry this is too hard to believe. First of all there is no possible way Cruella or my mom would've been able to leave the Isle to take the child in the first place, second there was no indication that Carlos could've been someone else's child at all before this, let alone a Auradon child. I'm not even gonna get involved."

Evie: "Mal..come on!"

Mal opened the door and slammed it behind her.