Ch 4: study date?

Muichiro's POV:

Another school day is here... One more day until I go cloud gazing with Y/n.

I look out the window, not really caring about what the teacher just said, but students around me were freaking out slightly.

"God, another one?"

"I'm not readyyyyy"

"This teacher's so cruel!"

Sounds like we have a surprise test. Oh well, shouldn't be too much of a challenge...

My eyes instinctively drifted towards Y/n again. It looks like she's fine with the test too. Wait, am I thinking about her because we're going cloud gazing soon? Must be.

I felt a tap on the shoulder, and it was Y/n. What a coincidence...

I've been thinking about her a lot these past few days, even while I was at home. My mind just seems to automatically go to her whenever I let it drift...

"Muichiro?"

Oops, I was staring.

"Sorry Y/n..." I mutter.

"No that's ok. I was just wondering whether you were smart, because you didn't seem too bothered by the fact that we had a quiz." she replies, chuckling a bit.

How cute...

"I'm not the perfect student, but my grades are pretty good," I answer.

"Really? My grades suck, haha," she says sheepishly. "What's your GPA?"

"4.2? Something around there..." I look up towards the ceiling, trying to remember.

She stares at me, like her eyes are saying "Is that even possible?"

"I have a 2.3 GPA..." she sighs. "Guess my grades really are terrible..."

"I agree." I state bluntly. "Want me to help sometime?"

"Sure, if you have time Muichiro. Thanks!" she smiles in relief.

We arrange a time for that, next Wednesday after school.

Then the teacher passes out the test papers, and I finish early, so I spend the rest of my time staring at Y/n instead.

After the teacher finally starts going over there answers, I see Y/n rest her head on her hands, looking defeated.

Y/n's POV:

Just as I expected, I failed. Miserably...

Also, why are Mitsuri and Shinobu still looking like they're spying on my every move? I'm getting a little concerned...

Just then, the two come over.

"Hey Y/n, what were you and Muichiro talking about just now?" Shinobu asks.

"You mean before the test? He offered to help me with studying next Wednesday." I say, wondering why they're suddenly so interested in our conversations.

"It's a study date then!!" Mitsuri lets out a squeal.

My heart jumps at her insinuiation, and I can feel my cheeks heating up, but I keep my expression neutral. Shinobu once told me that only idiots can't control their emotions... And I don't want to become an idiot like Tengen.

"What do you mean?" I say.

"Ara ara, don't try to use your braincells Y/n, your brain might explode," Shinobu smirks, knowing it would tick me off.

Ugh. I take a deep breath, trying to control my annoyance, and think of the things that I'm looking forward to. Like going cloud gazing with Muichiro tomorrow, that'll be peaceful for once... Unless, of course, someone like Shinobu or Tengen ruins it...

A/n:

Hey! An earlier than usual update :)

I kind of forgot about the cloud gazing thing at first, oops

But it'll be in the next chapter!