Ch. 8: sister

Y/n's POV:

I crawl out of bed, rubbing my eyes tiredly. Ah, what day was it again?

Right, Sunday... I check my phone and see a notification.

FLAMBOYANT PEOPLE 🥴😜

Tomioka Giyu
We're still meeting at the restaurant today, right?

Iguro Obanai
yeah
unfortunately 😐

Himejima Gyomei
Namu Amida Butsu...

Tomioka Giyu
Ok, just checking. Can I take someone with me?

Kocho Shinobu
a girlfriend, perhaps?~

Tomioka Giyu
No. My sister.

Rengoku Kyojuro
Sure! I can't wait to meet your sister! 😊

Mitsuri Kanroji
me too!!

Uzui Tengen
Same 😜
Also do you guys know if Shinaguzawa still has this chat muted 😩

Uzui Y/n
stop using those emojis please
and yes, he does

Tokito Yuichiro
i should mute this chat too 😒

Y/n's POV:

~12:17 pm~

"Why isn't Shinaguzawa here yet?" Iguro rolls his eyes. "Did he really forget..."

I sigh. "Yes, probably."

"Let's just go in first, I'm hungry," Muichiro mumbles.

"Yes! Let's go eat!" Rengoku agrees, smiling.

We enter the restaurant, and I stare around the restaurant, my eyes landing on a certain white haired teenager at a large table who looks like he's about to smash it into a wall.

"Why the fuck are you idiots so late?!" Shinaguzawa growls.

"You were the one early, we were supposed to meet at 12," Tengen clarifies, sitting down.

Shinaguzawa seethes in anger, saying "I got here at 11:30..."

Meanwhile, Mitsuri covers her mouth, thinking "Don't laugh!" in her head, but still letting out a small pft.

"Why isn't Tomioka here yet?" he glares at the ground in embarrassment.

"What? He isn't..?" Muichiro raises his eyebrows, and the rest of us look around for him.

"Let's just eat first," I shake my head in disappointment.

While we wait for our food, Giyu and another girl enter the restaurant, and make their way over towards our table.

"Are we late?" Giyu tilts his head slightly.

"15 minutes late," Shinobu smiles.

"Wasn't the meeting time 12:15?" he asked.

"Nope, 12..." Iguro says.

The two siblings sit down, Giyu's sister sitting next to Shinobu and introducing herself.

"Hi! My name is Tsutako Tomioka, nice to meet you guys!"

We also introduce ourselves, then Shinobu starts talking to her. I hear her ask something about advice, and end up accidentally eavesdropping.

"Hey Tsutako-san, can I ask about something?" I hear Shinobu whisper, leaning in.

"Yes, of course!" she answers.

"I'm going to be blunt. I love your brother. Are you okay with it..? And if so, do you have any advice?"

I furrow my eyebrows slightly and think, she's not scared to admit it... I wonder what Tengen thinks. And holy shit she even used love instead of like-

I turn to Muichiro, not wanting to hear any more. I might tell Tengen tomorrow, he deserves to know, right?

We start enjoying our food, and we have small conversations in twos and threes.

After we finish, Mitsuri drags me out to shop, because my wardrobe is "so bland she can't bear it".

She brings me to multiple stores, picking out multiple clothes from each one, and having me try them on. Mitsuri ends up buying me about five outfits in total, and chose a pair of jean shorts and a casual top to show me off to the others in.

(Insert random outfit)

"This isn't really my style, Mitsuri..." I tell her uncertainly.

"But you look fabulous Y/n-chan!" she smiles brightly.

"Ok then, if you say so." I thank her and we make our way back to the restaurant where our friends are still talking.

Everyone's eyes turn to us as we near the table. I shrink a little, feeling insecure.

"Oh! You look different sis!" Tengen comments.

"Nice outfit choice. Mitsuri's, I suppose?" Shinobu chuckles.

I give her an exasperated look. "Yup."

My eyes slide to Muichiro's direction, and see him staring straight back. He's blushing slightly.

I send him a small smile, feeling a bit more confident as we exit the restaurant, as all the food was finished.

We all say our goodbyes and Tengen and I walk home.

A/n:

Hi :)

I made some changes to ch 7, fyi, like Zenitsu instead of Inosuke cuz it made more sense 😶
And poor uzui bruh-
See you in the next chapter!