Ch 10: complicated

Y/n's POV:

I watch Muichiro walk towards his twin, Yuichiro, who came to walk him home.

"Bye, see you tomorrow you two," I call, and they wave back at me.

I stay at the doorway until their backs disappear, then turn back and see Tengen there, smirking.

"Huh? Done with your sulking session?" I ask.

"Yup," he answers, still smirking.

I start getting annoyed and sigh. "Why'd you steal all the snacks? And why are you smirking..."

"You like him, don't you?" he asks, nodding his head where the Tokito twins went, ignoring the first question.

"What? Muichiro or Yuichiro?" I ask, keeping a calm poker face, despite my surprise at his question.

"Muichiro, obviously." he responds.

"No, I don't." I deny.

"..."

I sigh, mumbling "How are you even supposed to know if you have feelings towards someone?"

Tengen laughs.

"Simple! You start thinking about that person pretty much all the time, your heartbeat goes faster when they're there, and you want to be more than friends with them."

Shit...

"That sounds complicated, not simple Tengen." I tell him, rolling my eyes.

I stalk back into my room, deciding to collect my thoughts there.

Closing the door, I collapse onto my bed lazily and hug my pillow, my mind hard at work.

I can't like him lmao

Wait but everything Tengen said was true...

Except for maybe the last thing he said, what does it mean to want to be more than friends...?

And who cares about what that buffoon says anyways. Right?

Ugh, this is so harddddd.

Even if I like him, he'll never like me back though, so just give up...?

I'm not even sure of these feelings, are they romantic or platonic

...I feel like someone in a romance anime

I wonder if he thinks I'm attractive?

Do I think he is?

He's definitely cute at times, but do I find him attractive..?

God, this is so. damn. complicated.

My thoughts are interrupted by Tengen opening the door loudly.

"You can't deny it sis!" he sings.

"Aren't you supposed to be heartbroken?" I throw him an unamused face, Muichiro would be proud.

"Nope! I'm totally over Shinobu, and I'm bored, so imma play cupid," he wiggles his eyebrows.

A long silence ensues.

"Ok fine. Say I decide I like him. What am I supposed to do after that?" I finally ask.

"Confess." he lifts up his hand in a pause sign. "However, make sure to do it at the right moment!"

He holds up two fingers, saying, "There are two required things. One: it's gotta be sorta romantic in the moment. Two: you gotta make sure they have at least some romantic interest in you, which is where I went wrong..."

"But you'll have no problem! So be confident and confess to Muichiro." he encourages.

I sigh, rolling over and burrowing in the blankets.

"You've got it all wrong Tengen, sorry. I can't like him. He'll never have romantic feelings for me, and I would be left empty. I can't risk it..."

I hear the bed creak, and look up to see my twin sitting down next to me.

"Y/n, even if you do get rejected, he'll be gentle with it. The rest of us will be here for you too. Besides, I've seen the way he looks at you, you two would be a perfect couple! The only ones who don't see it are you and the kelphead himself." Tengen pats my head.

I smile up at him, grateful to have him beside me.

~the next morning~

I head to school with Tengen as usual, the new information from yesterday still settling in my head. Over night, my brain had been debating back and forth, and this morning I had decided I liked Muichiro.

"Heyo Y/n-chan!" Mitsuri exclaims.

Hm, she looks more hyper than usual, did something happen?

"Hey Mitsuri," I answer back.

"I can't wait to tell you!! Shinobu and Tomioka got together! Just yesterday after school!!!" she jumps in excitement.

My eyes widen and I turn to them, congratulating the two.

I take a quick glance at my twin, and he seems okay. Maybe Tengen really did move on...

Muichiro's POV:

Hm, they got together? I guess I'll ask Tomioka-san about something later then.

~at lunch~

"Tomioka-san, can I ask you something in private?" I quietly ask.

He nods, and we head over to a private corner in the garden.

"How do I know if I like someone?" I say straight out.

"I'm not really the best one to ask..." Tomioka-san tells me, looking a little surprised from the question. "But after I asked Tengen for advice about this same thing, he said something along the lines of: You start thinking about that person pretty much all the time, your heartbeat goes faster when they're there, and you want to be more than friends with them. I think."

I keep an emotionless face, noting everything in my head. Sounds complicated.

A/n:

A long chapter to make up for the last one heh

I watched the Mugen train movie last night and- SOBBING.

Thank you for reading this far btw <3