Ch. 6: the kamaboko trio

Y/n's POV:

"So what do you say? Wanna join Shinobu-chan and I for some dango?"

"Yeah sure," I respond. It was the day after I went on my "little date" (according to Tengen and Mitsuri) with Muichiro, and Mitsuri had invited me to eat some dango with Shinobu.

"Alright then! I'm so excited, see ya!" Mitsuri squeals.

I say goodbye and hang up, sighing. Tengen wouldn't stop bothering me about advice on how to get with Shinobu, how tiring...

~Time skip to when they meet up~

"Over here, Y/n-chan!" Mitsuri waves at me energetically from a booth. I head over, greeting them both as I sit down.

"Seems like you guys already ordered.. 15 servings of dango?" I noted.

"Don't worry, Mitsuri will eat it all," Shinobu smiled.

The three of us sit there, chatting from time to time and enjoying each other's presence. We like to tease each other, but in reality, we're pretty close friends.

"Good idea, inviting us out here Mitsuri," Shinobu said.

"I agree, I needed a break from being at home..." I sigh, leaning back against my chair.

"Why?" my two friends both ask at the same time.

"Tengen has been incessantly annoying me since yesterday," I reply.

"Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious, you scared me for a little bit!" Mitsuri laughs, Shinobu nodding. "And no problem, us three females have to stick together!"

"True, I never noticed this before, but there are only three girls in our friend group, but 8 boys, including the Tokito twins. More than double the amount, how unfair..." I look up, counting on my fingers.

"Ooh ooh, why don't we recruit someone?" Mitsuri lights up.

"Hmm, now would be a good time for that, since many students from our school like to come here too," Shinobu observes.

"Ok then, how about that girl with a pink ribbon in her hair?" I ask, pointing to a booth close to us.

"That sounds good, but there are three boys sitting with her too..." Mitsuri pouts.

"They could be her brothers? Oh, and they just left." I shrug.

The two nod in approval, so I make my way over to her and tap her shoulder.

"Hey, do you go to Kimetsu Academy?" I ask shyly. "I saw that you have a hoodie on with the logo.."

She stares at me, and I start blushing from nervousness.

"Yeah, I do! Why?" she smiles at me kindly.

I start stuttering a bit, not sure of what to say. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and the honeyed voice of Shinobu rings out from behind me.

"What she means is, would you like to come eat lunch with us sometime?"

But right as she was about to answer, we hear a threatening voice.

"What do you think you're doing with my wife?"

Shinobu and I whip our heads around quickly, seeing a boy with yellow hair and orange tips. All of a sudden, as soon as he sees our faces, he turns red and kneels down on one knee.

"C-c-cute! Would you both like to become my wives?"

"Nope!" Shinobu sings out, while I mutter a quick "no", not used to being in this position.

He starts crying crocodile tears, while another boy with maroon hair grabs him by the collar, sternly saying "Zenitsu!"

He immediately apologizes, bowing to us both. We assure him it was fine, while he introduces himself as Tanjiro Kamado, a first year at Kimetsu Academy.

"And this is Nezuko, my sister, Zenitsu Agatsuma, and Inosuke Hashibara. We're all first years, actually," he gestures to them and another feminine-looking boy with blue hair behind him, while they say greetings.

"Nice to meet you!"

"H-hello!"

"HI! WANNA FIGHT?"

They seem like a handful... I sigh, looking back to Mitsuri for advice while Shinobu introduces us both. However, she seems too have fallen in love with all four of them. I shake my head in disappointment, before reluctantly directing a question to Tanjiro.

"We were going to ask just your sister, but would you all like to join us for lunch sometime?"

A/n:

Alr here's a picture of dango, for anyone wondering:

Thank you for reading this chapter!