Ch. 13: gloomy

Y/n's POV:

I open the door to the house as quietly as I can, not wanting to attract Tengen to the entrance.

"Oh, you're back! How did it go?" he pokes his head out of the doorway.

Curse those supernatural hearing skills of his.

"It went fine, about how I expected,' I answered. It wasn't a total lie anyways, and I didn't want to make him worry...

I walk to my room, keeping a calm composure.

"Call me when dinner's ready, ok?" I tell Tengen.

I close the door lightly and slide down, my back against the door as I collapse onto the floor. My first thought is: this sucks.

The tears come surprisingly easily. I bury my head into my hands, tangling my fingers into my hair. I didn't think it would affect me this much. I had even told myself before, he probably didn't even think twice of me in the romantic sense.

I tilt my head back so it rests on the door, hot tears streaming down my face. Why did I have to catch feelings in the first place?

"Y/n. I could hear the lie in your voice. He said no, didn't he...?" I hear a familiar voice from the other side of the door, and I let out a surprised gasp.

The door squeaks slightly when he opens it, and I feel him sit down next to me. I thought I locked the door-

"Hey. You'll heal, I promise. And he was gentle, wasn't he?"

I nod silently. "Yeah."

I let out a breath, and throw my arms around my twin and sob as he pats my back comfortingly.

"I- I really thought he would say yes..." my voice cracks.

"Me too Y/n."

Yuichiro's POV:

I stand there, frozen. Muichiro? I'm... Yuichiro. Shit, did she think I was my twin..?

I run back home quickly, and ram open the door. Muichiro looks towards me in alarm.

"Yuichiro? What's wrong?"

"I messed up. Tell me, do you like Y/n? Be honest."

My twin blushed, and answered shyly. "Um- ok yes. Why?"

"Crap, I'm sorry... can you confess to her tomorrow, please? She thought I was you, and she confessed, and I said no..."

Muichiro's face morphed into a surprised one. "Is it because you were taking my spot?"

"Yeah, probably," I panted. Muichiro started to run a low grade fever right before the last class of the day, and I happened to be free that period. So, I sent him to the school's doctor, Tamayo, and took his place instead. This probably led to Y/n thinking that I was Muichiro.

~Next day~

Y/n's POV:

"You look like shit."

"Gee thanks, Tengen," I answer, rolling my eyes.

But to be honest, I probably did. I had cried more last night under my covers, so my eyes are currently red and I have circles underneath them.

"Alright, grab that bread and let's go, we're running late today!" Tengen says, dashing out the door.

"Oops," I mutter as I bite into the loaf of bread as we walk as fast as we can towards Kimetsu Gakuen.

"Heyo guys!" Mitsuri greets us enthusiastically.

"You're both a little late today," Shinobu notes.

"Yeah, sorry..." I mumble.

"Y/n-chan, are you ok? You have circles under your eyes, and you look sorta gloomy!" Mitsuri gasps. "Did something happ-" she cuts herself off as understanding dawns in her face.

"Did everything go okay yesterday...?" she whispers.

I laugh dryly. "He said no."

"Oh..." my two best friends say in unison, sounding slightly surprised.

"I'mma get to class then," I walk towards my homeroom class alone, as no one else had the same homeroom teacher.

I go through the rest of my classes in a daze, until I enter the class before lunch and see the one person I was dreading to meet. Muichiro.

I avoid his gaze for the rest of class, keeping my eyes on the teacher.

"Ok, that's it for today! Go off to lunch now you lot."

I push my chair out, wanting to leave the classroom immediately, but-

"Y/n, can I talk to you...? Please." I hear a voice call.

I turn away from the familiar voice determinedly and sigh.

"Sorry, I'm going to lunch Muichiro," I answer, about to leave the room. But at the last second, he grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the classroom into the hallway.

A/n:

Heyyy!

Thank you for reading this chap 🥺, see you in the next!