Ch 7: a chaotic lunch

Y/n's POV:

"Would you like to join us for lunch tomorrow?"

Tanjiro thought for a little bit, then looked towards Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke.

"I'm okay with it, what do you guys think?" he asks.

"Of course!" Nezuko smiles.

At this, Zenitsu adopts a serious expression, "If my wife goes, then so will I."

Tanjiro sighs, lecturing Zenitsu on calling Nezuko his wife without her permission.

Mitsuri, Shinobu, and I look at Inosuke, wondering why he was so quiet.

"I AGREEE!!" he suddenly yells. What a loud guy.

"Inosuke! Don't be so loud, we're in a public restaurant..." the red haired boy shakes his head in disappointment. I feel sorry for Tanjiro.

"That's great! See you guys tomorrow then." Mitsuri clasps her hands together, smiling happily.

"Hold up, where do you guys usually sit..?" Tanjiro asks. "I've never seen you guys in the school cafeteria."

"Oh, we sit in the garden, there's plenty of space there," Shinobu answers.

"Ok, see you guys..." I wave, wanting to eat more dango.

Mitsuri and Shinobu say goodbye, and then we head back to our booth to see that all the food was gone.

"Oops, sorry I finished the dango off!" Mitsuri chuckles, licking her lips.

"Oh well, I'm going to head home then," I tell my two friends.

"Ok, see you tomorrow Y/n-chan!" Mitsuri waves at me.

I walk home, sighing. Lunch tomorrow is going to be chaotic, I don't think putting Tengen and Inosuke together is a good idea. But whatever I guess.

I'm also really hungry right now. I'll probably get some food at home. Yeah, that sounds good...

Just as my thoughts begin to drift, I feel a tug on the handle of my purse, and I tighten my grip on it. I turn around, and see a middle aged man there, trying to steal it.

"Hey, give me it! A spoiled brat like you probably doesn't need it anyways!"

"It's give it to me, not give me it. Use proper grammar," I sigh again, and give the man a death stare.

I pull the purse out of his hand and swiftly send a kick towards his torso when he tries to punch me with his other hand. "You're in the way. I'm hungry."

He starts clutching his side in pain, and runs away cowardly.

"Y/N-CHANNNN!" I hear a voice screech. "Are you okay?!!"

I'm starting to get tired of today...

"Yes, I'm fine. Bye Zenitsu," I answer, turning to walk away.

"I was going to help you!! But you can protect me next time, ok!!" Zenitsu cries, waving at me.

I wave back, then walk a bit faster home. After I get my food, I told Tengen about Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Nezuko, and he seems too excited. Not a good sign...

~Next day~

Oh right, today's the day we eat lunch with the four we saw yesterday...

I look outside the window, bored out of my mind. It was the period before lunch, and I was practically counting the minutes before class ended.

"That's it for today! Go to lunch." I hear the teacher call, and meet up with Shinobu and Mitsuri outside the classroom. We walked to the garden, talking about the upcoming lunch.

We arrive when about half of our friends were here, including the four we met yesterday. Zenitsu and Inosuke were arguing with Tengen already, and Tanjiro was talking earnestly with Rengoku. Nezuko was sitting next to Tanjiro, listening in.

I saw Muichiro, and sat next to him. Nezuko had seen Mitsuri, and the two were now chatting about their favorite foods. I turned towards Muichiro and Yuichiro, smiling apologetically.

"Hey guys, sorry if they're too loud..."

Muichiro shakes his head, saying "That's ok, their conversation is quite entertaining..."
He then nods at Zenitsu, Inosuke, and Tengen.

"I'll say it again... I am a GOD!" I see Tengen state. "I'm the god of glam and flash... The god of festivals!"

"What an idiot. Without a doubt, you're the god of idiots." Zenitsu retorts.

"I'm the god of the mountain. Greetings, god of festivals," Inosuke says.

I'm surprised he could say that with a straight face...

"What're you talking about? You're weird." Tengen stares.

"You think THAT'S weird? How can you be so dismissive when you guys are two of a kind?!" Zenitsu shrieks.

I agree...

"Ara Ara, let's not fight!" Shinobu smiles cruelly.

The three fell silent at once.

The rest of lunch commenced in the same way, and it passed by quickly.

The bell rang, and Tanjiro pulls Zenitsu away from Tengen for eyeing Nezuko for the 7th time this lunch.

"Would you guys like to join us some another time..?" Mitsuri asked hesitantly.

"YESS! I NEED TO FIGHT THE GOD OF FESTIVALS!" Inosuke insists.

Tanjiro sighs. "Okay then, if it's ok with you guys!"

Everyone nodded, including Sanemi and Iguro. Surprisingly.

A/n:

Whew that was a long chapter... And my sleep schedule is nonexistent- 😩

There hasn't been much Muichiro either, sorryyy

Also I sorta forgot about the other pillars, oops

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter anyways! ✨