chapter three | potions

Harry and Ron packed up their stuff as they headed out of Mcgonagall's classroom with the parting words to "not let this foolishness take over their career here at Hogwarts and to be sure to arrive on time to class tomorrow."

Needless to say, Harry was rather embarrassed, and so was Ron, if the dropped head and hiked up shoulders were anything to go by.

Oh, and the raging cherry flush that took up his face. That too.

"Bloody hell, you don't think she'll actually tell Snape about this will you? I mean Fred and George said he gives out detentions like they're candy, even to the most unsuspecting and well behaved kids, and if he finds out about this, we can say goodbye to an easy life here," Ron said, hiking his sack up further on his shoulder and leading the way to their next class, Charms.

He apparently knew where this was, but Harry surmised that he was actually just subtly following Hermione, who had her nose in her map and was studying where the classroom was.

Harry rather hoped that she wouldn't go tell him, as it seemed as if the man already had it out for Harry, thought he doesn't really know why.

He probably sees what I truly am, a freak. There's no way I can hide it forever with no one finding out. Soon enough, someone will realize how messed up I really am and will send me on my way back to my relatives.

Harry shook his head to get these thoughts out and realized that he had never answered Ron.

"I dunno, I mean, are her and Professor Snape like, buddy-buddy? I don't reckon she'd go running to the man who looks as if he'll obliterate you with one wrong look, just to inform him that her own students got into trouble," Harry said, speeding up when he noticed that Ron had gotten a little ahead of him while he was zoned out

"True that, mate, but I'd gather we better not be late tomorrow, else she decides to take her own suggestion and tell the git," said Ron, as he came to a slow outside the classroom

Harry nodded and they made their way into the classroom. He hoped this class would go a fraction better.

* * *
It was now the time to go to potions, and time for Harry to most likely suffer through a class full of hate from a man he barely even knows.

Charms had went well, they practiced a new charm 'Wingardium Leviosa' which Hermione had of course, shown off, to the whole class.

Harry was lucky enough to have sat next to Seamus Finnigan, who had blown his own eyebrows off. Great.

Anyways, him and Ron had went back to the common room, where they thankfully remembered to grab their maps, and they had spent their hour relaxing.

Well, Ron had.

Harry had spent it stressing over what was most certainly going to go wrong in Potions.

He had a gut feeling that there was definitely going to be trouble.

Judging from the weird situation he had found himself in at dinner the night before, Harry definitely knew his suspicions were rightfully worrisome.

The man seemed as if Harry had killed his favorite puppy, and then went out and bought himself his own. The vibes he got from the Professor were of pure hatred, as was the look in the man's eyes that night.

Honestly, what reason did he have for disliking Harry? They've never even met, or at least not that Harry remembers.

An hour later, they were now on their way to Potions. Harry was trudging along besides Ron, who looked as glum as he felt.