18 - Tittle-tattle 📢

"Whaaaatttt?" I shrieked like a Banshee my heartbeat raising and breathing increasing.

He flinched slightly due to my uncontrolled high pitched voice which caused ringing in his eardrums.

Well... he will survive..

"Calm down will you?" He said in a low voice while standing up from his chair.

"Sir, I don't know what you talking about. I'm not your fiance. You didn't even propose to me yet! I mean... Ahhh.. what I'm trying to say is, we barely knew each other. I won't love you let alone marry you. It's out of question." I said with a tone that brook no argument.

"I see... Miss Emerson, don't you think you are overreacting to something that not going to happen.. as in ever! You are my employee, there is no other thing between us. We do business here not love. So don't worry about something inconceivable like that." Now he is standing in front of me, his arms crossed and his voice low and very casual.

What?

"I don't understand.. what's all this about? You just said we got engaged yesterday... Wha... What game are you playing Mr. Jovian?" I crossed my arms gazing expectantly at him.

With that world best annoying smirk he told "Oh I'm not playing any games Miss Emerson. It's the tabloids and people around us who is playing us actually.."

"I still don't get it.."

"Open the internet and see for yourself..."

I gawked at him like he was crazy. I slowly took my phone and typed his name in internet. What i found made me so shocked that i had a mini heart attack.

"Oh my God..."

"You better sit down.." he hold my shoulders and helped me to sit on the chair as i swayed slightly. He poured water into a glass and gave it to me. I refused it and stared at my phone again.

"Oh my God!" Right there in front of my eyes was the photo of us laughing together at the pizza place yesterday. What shocked me was the title that said 'Business Tycoon Mr. Jovian is getting Married?' The details described that 'Mr. Jovian was found dining privately with his companion Miss Emerson who is also his personal secretary. They were found expressing undying love for each other at Soulmates Pizzeria. It is believed from the source that he is very much in love and soon will be getting married to Miss Emerson who managed to trap the most eligible bachelor in marriage.'

His hands holding a tissue extended towards me. When i looked confused at him he gestured toward my face. Then only i realized that i was crying. The tears started falling.

God.... This is embarrassing..

I thanked him and wiped the tears using the tissue he gave me.

"Don't worry about it.."

"Don't worry? I'm not worrying.. I'm freaking upset!!! Now I'm crying like an idiot... Infront of you" I shouted at him.

"It's okay.. humans cry when they are sad (when i glare at him) or upset... He amended quickly.

"I don't cry!"

"But you are..."

"I'm already very upset and if you don't stop arguing I'll scream!" I bawled.

.....Total silence..... After few seconds..

"Never have been the talk of the nation?" He was sitting relaxed on the chair next to me.

For a quiet guy, he talks annoyingly a lot...

I shooked my head looking down at my hands still embarrassed. His composure is disturbing me.

Shouldn't he be worried that the news might affect his reputation? Or shouldn't he be furious to be disrespected by his worker?