1- B'day surprises🎉

"Nooooooo.. don't touch me. You beast! Let go of me.. Ahhhhhhh" I shrieked when I fell on the mud. There he stood all great and powerful staring at me with such dangerous eyes. I closed my eyes in fear and waited for him to make his first move.. Crying for help is out of question as nobody will come to my aid to save me from this dreadful situation.

"Oh God.. " i murmured when he took a step towards me with his friends following him. I know what they want to do to me.. but i can't stop them now, so i let it happen.. and then it came.. When it came, it came with a full blast! A bunch of tomatoes and eggs knocked me down from sitting position to supine position. I can't believe this! It was my first time in 26 years to get hit by a row of foodstuff on my birthday. Well.... Yeah.... That's what you got for hanging out with kids nowadays. Jeez! I smell yucky, but what can I say.. that's the way they want it..

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gracie Lou!!!" I heard the chorus as I tried to wipe the yucky things off my face. All ten of them gave their loudest laugh and took photographs of me as I scrunched my nose at them.. Yeah.. yeah.. laugh all you want.. you tiny beasts! I thought to myself as stand on my legs.

"Thanks guys.. Can I go wash away my SURPRISE now?" What can I say.. One can't hope to find their selves to be woken up in the morning (Ahemm.. early morning) by a bunch of kids who cried for help that their friend is trapped in the jungle with a beast only to be attacked by tiny minions (worst than beasts). Could this day get any worst..

"But you look good this way Gracie", one of the minions pouted.

"I read somewhere that mud bath is good for skin and tomato-eggs helps to glow your face", stated Abby, the nerd minion.

"Enough of this games guys.. Thanks for the surprise but I have to go to work. So I'll see you guys at the party tonight?" I asked as we started walking towards my house.

"Adult birthday parties are boring. They talk and talk and talk until the end.. I won't be staying long if yours going to be like that" said Susie the youngest minion.

"Aww.. Don't worry Susie. I didn't invite anyone else. It's going to be just us. As u said adults are booooring," I gave her an affectionate pad on the head.

"Yehhhh.. It's going to be SUPER FUN.. See you at the party then," my minions shouted as they head back to their home.

"Happy Birthday Gracie Lo..Oh.. Oh my goodness.. What happened to you!" that is my mom who stood in shock as she took in my muddy form, gawking at me with a birthday cake in her hands when I open the kitchen door to enter my house.

"Mom...!" I whined. "You know I hate it when you call me that," I mumbled as I headed towards the stairs to go to my room.

God! I am so sleepy but duty calls, so I took shower and got ready to work. After getting dressed in pastel blue shirt and black slim fit skirt, I gathered my black curly hair to a half updo and put on minimal makeup and I was ready. I went downstairs to the kitchen where my dad was waiting for me with his gifts. My mom and dad always bake cake and cookies together for my birthday. Usually the presents will be given at the birthday party but this time my parents stood with gifts in their hands.

Well.. That is new. They both are smiling but there is something different in their gaze. I have a sinking feeling about it but I couldn't point out what it was. They both hugged me and wished me, "Many more happy returns of the day, Gracie Lou," there, that name again.. They know i hate it but still they call me that..

"Daaad... you too," I pouted and they both laughed out loud but still with troubled eyes. What are you hiding guys? I thought to myself but never asked because I don't want to ruin the moment. I waited for them to say it.

"Alright Miss Grace Evelyn Emerson. We have a surprise early gift for you. It was from your grandmother who wants you to have it on your 26th birthday. So here," he held a very beautiful necklace chain i have ever seen.

 So here," he held a very beautiful necklace chain i have ever seen

"Grandma made it from real diamonds for you, dear... Wow! It looks perfect on you," my mom said when i wore that necklace. It does look very pretty.

When i look at my dad, i saw his eyes were tearing up. After a while he said,"It's a good luck charm for marriage and parenthood. The big circle represents your husband who will protect you from harm and keep you happy forever. The small circle inside represent you and your babies securely bound by love and trust. My baby is all grown up now. You have our blessings for an amazing life with your own family someday".

I simply thanked them for the lovely gift amd kissed them in the cheek which i usually do before going to work and left the house. I drove my red mini cooper to work. On the way to work, i kept thinking about what my dad said. Grownups, marriage, family, children... and the list goes on. I don't know if I am ready for that.

Damn! I didn't even have a boyfriend or never had. I concentrate on my studies in collage and now work is my priority. I never thought about a lover or marriage stuff. Firstly, because i was busy with more important things and secondly nobody tempted me to give it a go. I found that men in my life are attractive to look at but not good enough to live with... Until Now...