20 - Devil😈 or Lucifer☠️ ?

Where the hell are you?

I read the text and ignored it refusing to reply. I was listening to my parents talking about the time when my dad met my mom in a coffee shop and she accidentally spilled coffee on his shirt and how he was instantly attracted to her and ask her out. Then i received another text. I peaked at my phone trying to figure out what it was.

Don't you dare ignore me.

I signed and took my phone and typed 'home'. Nothing else. He don't deserve anything else. But i replied him when i should have let him to dwell on his thoughts. It's not like he cared or something. He is just furious and his ego took a blow when i openly defied him. Well, there is no point in defying him anyway now.

Momentarily lost in thought i realized my parents looking expectantly at me. I was trying to pay attention to what they were chattering but failed miserably. I just smiled foolishly at them thinking of a way to change the topic.

"So, what's for dinner?" That was lame, but food is the only thing that came to my mind.

"Really Grace! you are still eating the pao and already thinking about dinner? God help your husband when you are going to drive him mad prattling about food all the time!" My mom gaped at me and said that exasperatedly.

"Don't worry mom. I'm going marry a foodie so that we can both prattle about food... or i won't wed at all. Besides, if he can't stand me talking about something that i enjoy then there is no point in getting married is there?" I smiled sweetly when my mom glared at me.

"That's my girl. Your father is here to listen to you babbling about anything anytime all day everyday darling. So if your husband didn't realize how precious you are and didn't appreciate your wishes then we will have to kick him ou..." There is a knock on the door.

"I'll get the door." My mom stood up and went to open the door. Who would it be at a time like this i wondered. Whoever it is 'thank you very much' cause our family teatime is ruined. Don't get me wrong, it's not like i hate guests but since i started working for that Jabberwocky i am always busy doing that, doing this or too exhausted to spend some quality time with my parents. There were times when i have missed dinner with my parents and breakfast is very rare too. So teatime is like a miracle so I don't like being invaded even in this.

After sometime my mom came smiling towards us followed by..

Oh No.. oh no.. oh nonononono.... What the!

I eyes just widened to the maximum limit and i slowly stood up. I visibly become tensed when i look at him. What is he doing here?

"Grace, look who's here!" My mom said excitedly. Of course she is excited. Who wouldn't be exhilarated when a very handsome guy visits our house.

"Hello Grace... " I was more strained when his rough voice become husky.

After a moment of shock, quickly recovering myself, i raised my chin and glanced at the tall figure standing in front of me and said unaffectedly, "Hi, Dev..."

Let me introduce you the one and only Mr. Handsome, Mr. Heart breaker, Mr. Lovable sweetheart, Mr. Dream crasher... Mr. Adrian Grey!!! aka Dev. I know! You must be wondering from where 'Dev' came from... Well let me tell you a story. A short story...

Dev and I pretty much grew up together. He was in fact my neighbor once until he pack his bags and escaped to Australia to persue his dreams. And that was eight years ago... Wow time flies fast. During childhood he was always broody and moody, being an introvert saying he prefers to alone, so we pretty much left him alone in other words we outcast him. Then one day, everything changed when i saw him getting beaten up by bullies for helping a stray dog. Those idiots try to throw rocks at a helpless stray dog and he stood up to them. I immediately called my dad for help and he chased the bullies away, promised to talk to their parents and brought Dev to the hospital.