A New Ship Has Sailed!

Oh yeah, you guys remember that dance? Well, it's time. And the girls decided that I was going in a dress.

So I'm hiding, is that so wrong?

"Come on, Thalia!" Lisa yelled.

"If I've got to wear a dress, you do!" Jess yelled.

"Thalia! Come on!"

The guys were already dressed in tuxes, helping the girls look for me so they'd go get ready after forcing me into a dress.

I burrowed further into my hiding place, my ears flattening against my head.

"You have until the count of five!" Jess yelled. "One, two, three, four...... Kakashi!"

Poof!

"Here!"

Damn!

"Got her!"

Naruto's arms were wound so tightly around my waist that I had no chance of escape.

"Naruto! Let me go man! Plezzzzzzzzz!" I yelled desperately. Lisa and Jess each grabbed an arm and started dragging me towards the stairs. I stared pleadingly at Chris. "Papa! Don't let them turn me into a girl!"

He just laughed at me.

I feel so loved....

***

"Here we come!" Sakura and Lisa called.

First, Sakura: her hair was curled and glittery, her makeup perfect with a smokey eyeshadow. She wore a very puffy, very pink floor length dress with a Sweetheart neckline and lots of sequins on the bodice. On her feet were light pink heels. White silk gloves went up to her elbows. She was a regular princess.

Johnny was drooling.

Next was Lisa: her hair was done in an elegant up do and woven with little yellow flowers. Her makeup was perfect as well, her lips soft pink and shiny. Her dress was navy blue, to match her hair, floor length, silk skirted, halter topped, designed with sewn swirls. White silk gloves ran all the way to her bicep. She sported light blue heels. She was like a naiad, beautiful in blue.

Sai was stunned, visibly amazed by her gorgeousness.

Then, Jess: her hair was like normal, her makeup bare. She wore a knee length spaghetti strap red dress, no intricate patterns. Her feet were clad in her hightops. Hers had hardly any effort in it, and she was stunning.

Sasuke was a flounder.

And finally, me: the mist was up. The long hair straight and sleek, my face pale, lips as red as my eyes. My dress was knee length, the bodice a corset designed to look like a tux top that flattered my figure. The skirt leather, but not tight. My feet were in my shin high leather boots, and black mesh gloves covered my arms.

I walked down the stairs, toward Naruto, who insisted on taking me for some reason. He was red-faced, gapping. I stopped in front of him and looked down.

"I know, I look weird..." I mumbled.

"What are you talking about?"

I looked up at him.

Was he always that tall?

He smiled. "You look amazing, believe it."

"Pictures!" Chris yelled before I could turn tomato red, and I hid behind Naruto.

"Hell to the no!" I yelled.

"Oh come on Thalia," Naruto laughed, wrapping his arm tightly around my waist and holding me close. I know I was blushing, my head on his chest, when Chris took aim and snapped a picture on his phone. He did the same with the others, then all the girls, then the boys, then everyone.

"Limo's here!" Yamato announced. We all loaded up.

Naruto grinned at me, and I gave a hesitant smile back. Sakura was curling up to Johnny, Lisa to Sai, even Jess to Sasuke! And I felt guilty for sitting tensely, straight as a board beside Naruto.

Finally, we made it. We got out and entered the gymnasium, and literally everyone stopped to stare at my friends. I refused to believe that I helped cause the dance-wide freeze frame. It wasn't possible.

"Lets dance," Naruto said, pulling me towards the center of the dance floor. There was a fast song playing, and everyone- after snapping from their trance- was dancing wildly. Yet, Naruto surprised me by placing my arms around his neck, placing his hands on me waist, and swaying slowly.

"Are you okay Naruto?" I asked softly. "You seem quiet tonight..."

"I'm fine Thalia," he chuckled, spinning me. He seemed so mature.... "I guess I've just got a lot on my mind tonight."

"Like what?" I asked, wanting to help. I was used to the fun, goofy, silly Naruto, not this. But this... Made my heart skip a beat.

"Later..." He whispered, setting his forehead against mine. I gulped and tried to look anywhere but at his amazing blue eyes.

We stayed like that for I don't know how long. He broke the silence. "You really look beautiful tonight, Thalia." He said in a voice so low, only I could hear.

"You're a liar, but you're a very handsome liar, so it's okay," I said quietly.

"I'm serious."

"That's it, hell froze, pigs flew, we're doomed."

"Thalia..." He sighed, an impatient sound, and I looked at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you...."

I really wasn't use to this side of him.

"You couldn't annoy me, but I don't like that you think so poorly of yourself," he said.

"I'm only being honest..."

"No..." He stopped moving, putting his hands to my cheeks and making me look at him. "You're being insecure, and that's totally unlike you."

"Well, you're being serious, and that's totally unlike you," I retorted. He blinked, then laughed. "What'd I say?"

He hugged me to him, setting his chin on my head as he started swaying us again. I moved my arms so they were more comfortable, my hands pressed against his chest. "Kami, Thalia, I'm not trying to act weird. It's just... I'm trying to figure out a way to tell you...."

"What? Did you break a window or something?" I asked. He chuckled.

"No, jeez, and they say I'm clueless..."

"What, then?" I asked. "What're you trying to tell me Naruto?"

"Thalia... I-" he paused, pulling back to look into my eyes. "I think I love you..."

"What?" I whispered. "I-I- me too.... But... Naruto... The series...."

"Damn the series," he said, grabbing my face and pressing his lips to mine. It was all I could do not to pass out.

The kiss was soft, sweet, and lasted only a moment, but it was enough. Naruto loved me. He wanted to be with me. He was willing to go against cannon to do so.

Yet I knew how wrong this was.

He must have sensed my hesitation. He pulled away. "Thalia, it's my life, I choose what I want, and I want to love you, so I will, no discussion otherwise."

And that settled it, case closed, done deal. The Kid had a point.

So I kissed him without guilt.