Feelings

>Kat POV<

"Are you sure you want to go to school? Those people might get you back." Sakura asked worriedly as I slipped on my biker boots.

"Oh, I'm sure they will." I answered nonchalantly. "But they won't do anything too bad."

"I'll come too! Dattebayo!" Naruto shouted, holding up a determined fist. I gave him a small grin as I adjusted my glasses.

"That'd be great Naruto, but you can't, not until I make you some paperwork."

"Paperwork? What kind?" Kakashi asked lazily.

"Birth certificates, IDs, maybe drivers licenses for Yamato and Kakashi. Hm.... All that kind of crap."

"You're allowed to do that?" Yamato asked curiously. I snorted.

"No, of course not." I smirked. "It's very much illegal."

"Then how do you know how to do it?" Naruto asked. "I didn't know you even would do anything bad."

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I said cryptically, wiggling my fingers at him.

I was only partially kidding.

"Well try to avoid them, and don't be caught alone." Sakura warned in a motherly fashion.

"Got it." I nodded, tossing my bag over my shoulder in a half-hazardly manner. "I'll catch you later then."

Little did I know this would be the worst day of my life.

Or at least a close second.

~•~•~•~•~•~

I slowly trudged up to my door. Today was brutal. It had started with a decent amount of rubber bands being flicked at my head, which as followed by paper balls covered in spit until lunch. At said time, my hair and clothes had gathered all seven food groups, which I had to use all of sixth hour to remove. The last two hours of my day were filled with tripping, rude notes, awful name calling, and finally ended with the boys lifting me up and throwing me into the dumpster behind the school building.

So, slowly, covered in the vile scent of garbage, head down, and Spirit all but broken, I drug my feet up the concrete sidewalk. I finally made it to the porch, reached up to put my hand on the door knob, and stopped before I opened the door.

I stared at my hand for I don't know how long, for the first time noticing the blood on my fingers from trying to cling to the side of the school's brick wall to keep from dumpster diving. As all the mean comments they've insulted me with over the past years filled my head, I slowly felt my resolve breaking.

With each comment I remembered them saying, the crack in the wall holding in my emotions grew larger and deeper.

I didn't even realized I had sunk to my knees, still holding onto the door knob. All I could think about was the insults, the constant mocking, the ridicule, the will braking remarks. The emotional and mental abuse was enough to fill my vault of pain, but the physical bullying overflowed my vault, making it explode all at once.

Tears blurred my vision, slowly leaking down my face and falling on the wooden floor of my porch. My shoulders shook violently and a sob escaped my lips. I released the door knob and buried my face in my hands, shaking my head as I tried desperately to hold in my sad sounds, only succeeding in making them come out louder and more violently as a painful feeling came from my chest.

Eventually it all became too much, and I stopped fighting it. I let myself cry for the first time in years, let my sobs come freely, only being slightly muffled by my hands. Team seven could probably hear, but I just couldn't stop, not now. The dam has broken, and it isn't going to be fixed by will alone.

I could hear the door creak open, and weakly tried to stop crying. I picked up my head and saw a blurry Kakashi. I quickly put my face back into my hands and bit my lip til it bled.

I barely heard his sad sigh, and saw a portion of him through my fingers as he knelt before me. I felt his hand on my shoulder before he gently pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"It's alright." He whispered. "You've held it in long enough."

His words held comfort, which I discovered I needed badly. So I cried freely, not caring how weak I must look, about how they must think of me now, nothing. All my mind could process was that, for once in my life, there was someone here for me.

And then, too exhausted to do anything else, I blacked out and let darkness envelope me.