Truth

I woke up, feeling exhausted and weak. I also smelt rank, so I got out of bed, went to my attached bathroom, and took a quick, hot shower. After dressing in a long, baggy shirt and leggings, I slipped on my Naruto head house shoes and trudged out of my bathroom, brushing my long wet hair. I sat on my bed with a heavy sigh, my head down and my hair hiding my face.

"I'm so weak..." I whispered. "I can't believe I let them get to me like that."

Sighing, I shook my head and crossed my room to my laptop. I decided to get the paperwork out of the way. I grabbed my laptop and brought it back to my bed, where I sat down and began to hack. After I put on my headphones of course.

I turned my volume on high and set to work, putting my breakdown to the back of my mind as I skillfully forged the necessary documents for the ninja.

Ten minutes into it, I felt the bed dip and paused, putting my headphones down around my neck and looking curiously at Sakura. The others were standing near the doorway, looking pretty dang suspicious.

"What are you doing?" Sakura asked softly, looking at my computer screen.

"Oh, making your legal/illegal documents," I said in an airy tone.

"Really, is that hard?"

"Sakura, how about you tell me about why you're really here?" I suggested with a yawn, continuing my work.

"How'd you..."

"I'm skilled like that. Now, stop stalling please," I said in a dangerously polite tone.

"We just want to know if you're okay," Naruto said quickly, nervously. I stopped typing for a millisecond before continuing, focusing harder than necessary on the screen.

"I'm fine," I said nonchalantly.

"You're lying," said Sai with a fake smile.

"You don't know me, so how would you know?" I said coldly, not looking up at him.

"Come on Kay," Yamato said sternly.

I snapped my computer shut and glared at them all.

"What do you people want from me? You want me to break down and dwell on my sad little life, huh?" I demanded, growing angrier by the second. "You expect me to start crying about my non-existent childhood? You want me to dive into the little orphan story?! Oh boo hoo! I don't have any parents, I'm being hunted by sadistic psychopaths, and no one likes me! There! Happy?!" I seethed, breathing hard as my eyes watered. I continued glaring at them, though. "I'm not a weak little girl any more! I won't give in to this! IM NOT A FREAK!" I screamed abruptly, slapping my hands over my mouth immediately. "But... I'm not normal either....."

"Kay..." Sakura whispered tentatively. I sighed heavily, giving a hollow laugh.

"I suppose... Yeah.... It's only fair that you know what's wrong with me..."

"Nothing is wrong with you!" Naruto said immediately. I gave him a tired smile and opened my laptop as I continued working.

"You say that now, until you know what I am," I said with a humorless laugh.

"What you are.....?" Kakashi repeated slowly.

"Gather around children and get ready, your in for a wild ride," I said with mock enthusiasm. They all gathered around, Sakura remaining beside me while the guys sat Indian style on my floor. "Now, I'll start with the government."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Sasuke asked.

"Ah, so you do know words," I smirked. "Well, my dear Uchiha, the government has everything to do with how I came to be. They wanted a weapon. Something that could kill thousands, demolish countries, make them invincible. But it had to be strong and intelligent so the enemy couldn't take and control it. It had to be something undetectable, so that the public wouldn't panic or freak out. It had to be something that blended in. What better way to design this weapon, than a teenage girl?"

"You mean...?" Yamato asked quietly, gesturing to me. I sighed and hit the print button. My printer hummed and started spitting out their finished documents.

"Yes, I'm that weapon," I said, closing my laptop and tucking some stray bangs behind my ear.

"Then you're not even human," Sai said, giving me a suspicious look. I smirked.

"Right, and wrong," I said with an empty chuckle. "The scientists took a hundred human cells and messed with their genetic codes and such, added technology to some, artificial DNA to others, and added a special chemical to make them evolve into little zygotes, or the beginning of a baby. Then, they waited to see which cell would turn into the best weapon. So, I'd say I am and I'm not human. I'm in between. I'm a true misfit."

"So you weren't the best weapon and they let you go?" Sakura asked as the others processed what I had just told them. I smiled sadly at her.

"Your innocence makes me jealous Sakura," I said with a dark chuckle. "No, I had to be the best. There was no other choice. After all, I'm the only one to survive."

They gasped.

"The others died..." Naruto muttered.

"Yes, dear boy. They did. All but me, so I had to be perfect. I was injected with all kinds of things, things that would make me heal faster, give me extra sensitive hearing, make me stronger. At that rate, I'd be the most dangerous weapon on earth. They had it all planned out. On my eighteenth birthday, after I had been properly trained, they would test my skills on an overcrowded refugee camp or something, maybe a small city. Then, they would take me into the war so I could finish the whole battle in five minutes, destroy the country and kill everyone, man, woman, child, everyone until there was no one left to oppose them."

"That's awful!" Sakura gasped.

"They made one tragic flaw though," I whispered, staring out my window. "They gave me emotions, a conscience, a brain, freedom to think. And I didn't want to be their little play thing. I didn't feel like ending lives before their time was up. So, one night, I escaped, and helped out a few would-be-experiment-subjects. They travelled with me, enrolled in the same school, and got their own lives. But they're still one hundred percent human."

"Johnny, Lisa, and Jess," Kakashi mumbled. I nodded.

"So when you said that they'd find you if you fought back...." Yamato began.

"The government has been looking for me since I escaped, letting my true self out, even the slightest bit, in public would definately alert them about me, and put my friends in danger. This," I motioned to my body, "isn't even my true form. I haven't let down this disguise in ages," I sighed. "It's exhausting."

They were silent for a long time.

"So now you know what I am," I said quietly, looking around at them all. "What do you think about me now?"

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked.

"You're still the same Kay that took us in, dattebayo!" Naruto grinned. The others nodded in agreement. I shook off my shock and smiled.

"Then you should probably know that my real name is Thalia, but in public, call me Kay," I said. They nodded. "Hey, would you guys, like, totally freak out if I let my disguise fall?" I asked.

"Go for it," Sasuke said. I sighed and got on my hands and knees, stretching like a cat.

I could feel my hair changing, pixie cut and dark red. I felt my nails grow sharper and knew they had turned black. I felt my black panther tail and ears appear, felt my canines elongate, my eyes turn bright yellow and pupils turn slitted. My skin turned pale and silver tattoos covered my body, swirling all around.