Instagram

@kensingtonroyal: 

With the passing birthday of Princess Diana of Wales, Kensington Palace can finally, officially announce that Princess Diana's lost daughter, actress, Victoria Holland, has come to terms with being connected to the royal family of England

With the passing birthday of Princess Diana of Wales, Kensington Palace can finally, officially announce that Princess Diana's lost daughter, actress, Victoria Holland, has come to terms with being connected to the royal family of England. When Victoria was born on December 25th, 1989, 8 years before Princess Diana's untimely death in Paris. Upon her birth, she was given up per Princess Diana's request to enable her only daughter to have a childhood away from royalty and the media. 

The decision to give up Princess Victoria was kept between Princess Diana, Prince Charles, Queen Elizabeth, and Prince Philip for 25 years until the news was given to brothers Prince William and Prince Harry. Princess Victoria has known for the past 4 years of her royal heritage but wanted to sort out as many things as she could before officially starting her title as Princess Victoria of Wales. Which will be given to her upon her coronation into the royal family. 

This decision was not made lightly to let the Princes and the Princess know of her heritage, she wasn't to be told until she was 21 by the dying wish of Princess Diana. This news will come as a shock to many, and we understand that this isn't something that would easily be slipped out without our knowing. It was under agreement that Victoria had four years before she could officially announce anything to the public. Please be understanding as this decision was hard on everyone in the royal family knowing that they had a lost member raised somewhere else with different values. 

Princess Victoria has decided that she will continue her job until she is no longer fit to do so, as she was raised outside of palace walls she does not fully understand the work it takes to be a senior royal family member. However, she has sworn that once her career as an actress comes to an end, she will turn her attention to the royal family and become a senior member. Until then, she will continue acting and pursuing what she loves, and as her family, we support her decision. 

Once Princess Victoria's recent movie releases, we will hold a conference with her Majesty the Queen, Prince Charles, Princes's William and Harry, and Princess Victoria so that all of the worlds can see the family reunited and ask any questions they see fit. Until then, the royal family requests that Princess Victoria's privacy is respected and she is shown respect, not just as her self-made actress, but as a member of the Royal family.