Elemental Reactions

"Master Diluc," a maid bowed her head. "Good morning."

"Good morning Adeline," Diluc nodded his head in reply before walking to his office and closing the door.

This was Diluc Ragnvindr, the owner of Dawn Winery. While he is the owner of a booming wine business, he is also an experienced and power fighter who has been gifted with a pyro vision.

"So tedious," Diluc grumbled as he slumped in his seat, his gloved hand massaging his forehead. "Always making trouble for me."

He gripped his pen and stared writing notes and signing papers as part of his job of being the boss of Dawn Winery. This was his daily routine, a monotonous task of going through the finances and wellbeing of his business. Not only that, he had to check that his clients were all satisfied with their products and that his employees were acting properly.

He wouldn't make the mistake of having his reputation destroyed. After all, the consequences of having to deal with that would be very much troublesome. By doing this all in an orderly fashion, it would lessen any possible work load that could suddenly appear in the future. It was by far the most effective and efficient way of doing things.

His eyes scanning the papers that his assistants had given him, he noticed that one of his clients had been dissatisfied with the quality of the service from one of the employees.

He knew that it must have been a new hire. After all, all of this old employs already knew the rules and the consequences of not bringing the best quality into their work.

Opening the door, Diluc decided to take a little trip to fix the issue that had appeared.

"Please prepare a carriage for me," Diluc told one of the butlers that was standing by his door. "I need to make a special appearance in the city because of a new problem-maker that we hired."

"Understood Master Diluc," the butler bowed his head before walking away to prepare a carriage for his master. "However, might I ask why you are using the carriage instead of your usual transportation of the teleport waypoints?"

"My schedule is pretty open today," Diluc explained. "I decided that it would be nice to enjoy the scenery once in a while."

"Of course," the butler nodded before bowing his head once more. "I shall hurry up and prepare your carriage."

Diluc leaned against the wall of his mansion and emotionlessly stared at the sky. It was a good day. A warm and lightly breezy day, a perfect day to appreciate nature itself.

Diluc sighed a hoped that the rest of his day would be just as peaceful. Though of course, fate has a way to change the course of someone's day unexpectedly.

~~~~~

With his chin resting on the palm of his hand, Diluc watched the trees move past him as the carriage continued on its way to Mondstadt.

Suddenly, the carriage abruptly stopped and Diluc was thrown forward into the other side of the carriage. Confused as to the reason why the carriage had immediately stopped, Diluc stepped out and was greeted by a nervous coachman.

"M-master Diluc," the coachman stuttered. "I apologize for the abrupt stop but there is a log in the way of the road. With that there, I can't continue."

Diluc sighed and messaged his head for the second time this day. Of course the day where he wanted to take some form of a break would be disrupted.

"Move," Diluc grumbled before summoning his claymore and activating his pyro vision.

Seeing this, the coachman quickly moved out of the way and watched Diluc at work. Slamming his fiery claymore into the ground, Diluc set the log ablaze in in its place was a blackened ground from the ash of the log.

"Incredible as always," the coachman clapped his hands after watching Diluc present his power.

Diluc ignored the coachman who was complimenting him and started heading back towards the carriage. To him, the praises of people were annoying to say the least. Ever since he was a child, people had praised him for every little thing that he accomplished all because he was a Ragnvindr. Never had they said that it wasn't good enough, never had they said that he should try harder. All they wanted was to get on his good side and until now, it hasn't changed.

Except for a select few, practically everyone around Diluc had wanted to win his favor and he hated it.

"Lets get go-"

Before Diluc could finish his sentence, a high-pitched screech interrupted him. He gripped his claymore and looked towards the direction to where the sound had come from.

"Wait here," Diluc ordered the coachman whose face had paled when he heard the noise.

It was none other than an abyss mage, an enemy to many and an ally to none.

Running towards the source of the noise, Diluc found a petite girl, a little shorter than he was, fighting two abyss mages with a pole arm.

You had been chasing after the abyss mages for sometime when you unknowingly ended up in an unknown forest. Now, here you were fighting them off after they finally decided to stop running and properly face you.

"These shields are the worst," you exclaimed as you let out a burst of cyro energy in the shape of a snowflake.

Adjusting to the situation, Diluc followed after you and summoned flames to envelop his claymore.

Hitting the mage that had been affected by your cyro ability, the combination of his and your vision placed a melt elemental reaction which finally broke the hydro mages shield.

Soon enough the two of you started attacking the fallen mage and with your combined efforts, the mage disappeared to dust leaving only a pyro mage which had suddenly teleported away.

While the continuous batrage of attacks seemed barbaric, the way that the two of you fought in unison changed the whole aspect of the battle. To many, it would seem like the two of you had fought together side by side for many years.

However, the reality of it was that it was a simple and unexpected meeting of fate between two people that had an uncanny connection and unison.

"Sorry about that and thank you," you quickly waved before running away into the distance before Diluc could say anything.

"What-" Diluc muttered under his breath as he watched your retreating figure. "What was that?"