Bejeweled Night

"How is your injury by the way?" Diluc asked you, changing the subject.

"I'm perfectly fine thanks to your care," you grinned, staring at the sky. "I'm used to injuries so this is nothing."

Diluc stared at you, concerned when you had told him that you were used to injuries. It was clear to anyone that words like that were a bad thing, an alarm of sorts.

However, he knew better than to involve himself with the problems of someone else. It would lead to drama that he definitely did not want to deal with. Nonetheless, although he mentally told himself not to concern himself with you, he couldn't help but worry. Even though he saw your grins and your smiles, it felt all too familiar. It was all fake, a mask to disguise your true feelings. He knew that you were carrying heavy burdens, he knew because he was the same.

Ever since his father had died, he masked his pain with his neutral face. Even if he rarely smiled, he always wore a mask of indifference not that different from your mask of joy. It still hurt him, the death of his father - exactly the reason why he was still out for revenger against the Fatui who had killed his father.

The kinship of having someone else who disguised their true feelings like himself made Diluc want to watch over you. Yes, that wearing of a facade applied to practically everyone but, the moment he saw your cold and uncaring desensitized eyes, he felt a spark of familiarity in himself. The moment that you had attacked him, he saw himself in you.

"The sky is beautiful tonight," Diluc stared at the stars. "This is definitely much better than being stuck inside eating dinner."

"Yup," you gave your usual grin. "Its really nice."

Diluc walked towards one of the grape vines and plucked some grapes from them. Handing a few towards you, you gratefully accepted them.

"The grapes in my Winery are the best around Mondstadt," Diluc informed you.

Eating one, you savored the sweet flavor, a flavor that although you weren't accustomed to it, it could easily be one of your favorites.

"Its delicious," you continued to eat.

"I must apologize," Diluc's voice turned soft. "You got injured because I put my guard down."

"Don't worry about it," you continued to eat the grapes that you were now addicted with. "Like I said earlier, it don't really mind it. It doesn't bother me much."

Diluc eyed you with suspicion, "If you say so."

You continued to stare at the stars and the moon in the sky with awe. It was a sight to behold, a truly magnificent work of art from Mother nature herself.

"Shall we go inside now?" Diluc broke the calming silence. "Its starting to get late and if we stay here any longer, we might get sick."

"Ok," you agreed.

With that, the two of you went inside the manor and sat down in front of the crackling fire of the fireplace. After a few minutes of heating yourself up by the fire, you quickly stood up realizing the time.

"I'm so sorry for staying here so late," you rambled mervously. "I think I really should get going now. I don't really want to be a burden. Thank you so much for the wonderful night. It was really enjoyable Master Diluc. I'm so sorry for the trouble."

Before Diluc could say anything, you bowed you head and ran off towards the doors of the mansion. Your body disappearing from his view as the doors closed behind you, Diluc was left with his arm outstretched as if to grab you and hold you back.

Staring at the fire that crackled, Diluc was now left all alone in the dimly lit living room. All of the servants of the house had retired for the night and his guest had finally left.

"Just who are you," Diluc wondered to himself.

Your fighting skills were expertly honed with techniques that could have only been learned from years of training. He even doubted that Jean - the Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonious - would be able to reach your level of expertise despite her title as one of the strongest knights in Mondstadt. Not only that, your instincts were second to none. Although he was confident of his own instinct in battle, Diluc doubted that he would be able to reach your level. It was remarkable really. Lastly, your comment of being used to injuries bugged him more than it should. Just what had you meant by that when you said it.

Diluc slumped in his chair. He had no idea how to approach you. He was definitely suspicious of you however, at the same time, he also wanted to know more about you. The mysteriousness and secrecy about you left Diluc curious. He wanted to know more.

Just who in the world are you?

Why are you here?

Do you have any plans?

What is your ambition?

How did you reach such an incredible level of expertise?

"Ugh," Diluc grumbled, frustrated with how much he was thinking about you.

An insatible hunger of curiosity continued to overwhelm Diluc as he wanted to know more about you.

Trying to get the thoughts to leave his mind, Diluc went outside to let the cool breeze steal his attention. Wandering around the front of the mansion, Diluc realized just for the first time how beautiful it truly was. Crystalflies fluttered and danced while illuminating the grapevines. All the while, the moon shone and bathed all underneath is with a warm and calming glow. The voices of crickets sang while the wind bellowed and hunmed. The lamps shone like a miniature sun in the dark and the stars in the sky sparkled like precious gems.

"To think I was so blind to not realize just how beautiful it was at night," Diluc laid his chin on his hand as he leaned on the stone encirclement around the manor.

For the next hour, Diluc continued to immerse himself in the beauty of the night, void of any thoughts that would have distracted him. For once in his life was he able to experience such peacefulness.