« ✑ » Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

"And... There," Die finished, stepping back and dusting his hands off. (Y/n) and Anti watched as the doors to the library shimmered for a moment, and it reminded (Y/n) of the shielding rune Die had cast on her during The Overturn.

"What are we doing here, again?" Anti asked in a bored tone.

Die turned to him. "I put a seal on the library, and the garden, so that no demons except you, Dark and I, and no humans except (Y/n), may enter." He explained.

"Why?" Anti asked confusedly.

"It was at Dark's request, though I assume it was for safety precautions." Die replied.

"Well, why not just put a seal on the whole fuckin' castle?" Anti asked as if it were obvious.

"Unfortunately that is quite unrealistic," Die started, "And would drain far too much energy to create and maintain. It's better that we simply choose a few good rooms to put the seal on."

"Why the library, then?" Anti asked.

"Remember what happened the last time someone broke into the castle?" (Y/n) pointed out. Die nodded.

"Yes, it was quite foolish of us to leave such sacred texts unguarded for so many years. There was no possibility that the library wasn't going to be sealed. And the sealing of the garden was at Dark's personal request."

Anti rolled his eyes. "Yeah, sure- protect the flowers, that makes soooo much sense," he mocked.

Die looked like he was about to reply so (Y/n) cut in while she could. "I'm going to head off, now, I'll see you two later."

Die nodded his head and Anti looked confused for a moment. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"Nowhere," (Y/n) responded plainly, shrugging as she began to walk away.

"Yeah, sure," Anti rolled his eyes again. "Say 'hi' to the edgelord for me!"

----

(Y/n) knocked lightly on the office door, a slightly muffled 'come in' being heard from inside. She opened the door and saw Dark seated at his desk, writing in a small book that he closed upon her entry.

"Hello, my dear. How are you today?" He asked. "Given the circumstances, of course."

Dark was referring to the fact that (Y/n) was now staying in the castle for an extended period of time because speculations were arising about their relationship- at the very least, of (Y/n) being in some sort of cahoots with the castle. Previous to this (Y/n) would bounce between staying at the rebellion and staying at the castle.

"I'm well, and what about you? The only person who seems to be worried at all, 'given the circumstances', is you," she replied rather lightheartedly, glancing at the various statement drafts that littered Dark's desk. The outside world had heard nothing but radio silence from the castle since word had spread of Blank's defeat.

Dark sighed. "I do apologise for how... on edge I've been as of late. I just worry for your safety amid the disapproval, of both demons and humans, if the nature of our relationship were to go public too soon."

"And I care not for any of their opinions," (Y/n) replied earnestly. "I think you're stressing too much over this, Dark. Please relax, even just for a moment."

He didn't respond, glancing away from her. (Y/n) chewed her lip for a moment.

"Die just finished putting the seal on the garden and the library," she offered, hoping to put his mind at ease.

"That's good," Dark replied quietly. He didn't continue and (Y/n) thought for a moment, moving closer so that she could lean against the front of the desk.