V. Newcomer

hi, not dead yet!

I could finally finish this chapter hope you like and i loved all the comments saying that they liked the story so far and asking me to finish it! thank you so much for showing that you like it!

Also as always i have to tell you that english is not my native lenguage so if you find any errors please tell me. This is only a hobby and I will only write when i feel like it. No matter if i don't upload in a year i hate discontinued projects so sooner or later this will always upload.

thanks for everything and enjoy this chapter!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Jason has been acting weird ever since I came up with the phantom case. He was always at Arkham and spent hours there, after that he would go to one of his safehouses, which was usual, but when he did come to the manor, he would look extremely disappointed. He has always been interested in the cases we are trying to decipher but this time, he was too interested to be mere curiosity.

Either way right now Tim and I are doing a face recognition on the boy, who we found out is called Danny by the staff of the asylum, Jason is behind us paying close attention to what we do as per the new normal.

-Bruce.

-What did you find?

-Just that he was seen near Amity Park almost- Tim paused, why is he pausing? –three years ago.

-Three!?- Jason shouts from behind me, clearly distressed.

-So, he is from Illinois, great.

Amity Park is the most protected place against hackers, not even I can enter their database, the only information we have on it and its residents are the small essential stuff that would satisfy normal people, but past that the town almost has no citizens.

-According to what I found there are no missing reports filed and there were no search parties organized, but again, this IS Amity Park we are talking about.

Now I am a very patient person I have to be with the amount of children I have acquired through the years, but this lack of information is starting to frustrate me and the missing pieces that answer how he ended up in Gotham when he so clearly is from Illinois are being covered up. There's something that we are missing here, something that will explain the concerning amount of scarring the kid has, something that will unify everything else... I need to get closer to Danny, gain his trust see if there is anything I can do to help him because clearly Arkham is no place for a kid and they are not taking proper care of him.

-I think it is time somebody takes better care of Daniel, that way he'll be more open to answer our questions and we can properly satiate our curiosity.

-huh... Dick was right- Tim mutters- that's a new one...- What is that supposed to mean?

-So... new brother or is it just someone that will live with us until you legally adopt him?

-I am not adopting him, we only need to earn his trust to know if he should actually be in Arkham or if he was framed.

-So living here until you officially adopt him it is then- Wasn't Jason the one more against the idea of that ever happening when we started investigating the kid?

The next morning after clearing everything up we could finally receive him here.

-Master Daniel welcome to your new home for the foreseeable future.