VIII. Are there answers anywhere?

Guess who's back, back again. I am back, here to... stay for a couple of minutes.
We can all agree this is living proof that no matter the time in-between, I will update.
So, no excuses, it's called procrastinating, writer's block and starting college. I feel old.
Anyway, here are 800+ words, I think it's my record.
I don't speak English as a native tongue so please tell me if there are any errors.
Comments are always welcome.
I love you all, especially those begging for another part, and enjoy.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

The explosion wasn't that big, but it left my ears ringing nonetheless. It was an annoying ring that blended with the one from the phone and made the Lazarus water in me feel uneasy. 

I don't know how I got to the phone with all the ice and my head pounding to the rhythm of my heart, but I was able to pick it up on the last ring.

—Hello?— there was something muffled over the line, like the other person was organizing something. I didn't care either way, it gave me time to control the ringing.

—Where is he?— Came a young feminine voice.

The ringing stoped, but everyone, including Danny, was taking their sweet fucking time waking up.

—Who is this?

—Don't play with me, if you don't want to answer, at least bring agent A to the phone.

—What the fuck? Who is this? Is this some kind of joke?— What does Alfred have to do with anything? And how does this probably-too-invested-prank caller know about him at all?

—Alright motherfucker if you don't want to say or do shit just know that we already tracked this signal. You have three seconds to tell me any information at all about my baby pop or I'll personally go into the realms and tell the whole zone where you are! 

Honestly? Love the spirit, but according to the speaker I was running out of time to do something and if I took too long something bad would happen, but that wasn't really clear and this prank wasn't funny anymore.

—Are you paying attention asshole? Did you not hear me!? I'm sure you've already noticed all the places we've destroyed and know that wherever you are right now will be next.

Well that was definitely something to take a look at, shitty joke or not. There were sounds of slipping and cursing behind me.

—That's something way too serious to claim in a prank call, you know? Unless you have the wrong number in which case I have no idea what bullshit you're spewing on about.

—I'm talking about Danny! damnit!— Her voice started to sound wobbly and choked, she was breathing hard and clearly doing her best to shout with as much hatred as she could. —And don't play fucking dumb with me again, I know he's there! You made a dumb mistake and now we can finally track him to you! But since you're so decided to keep acting stupid we'll give you two days to give him up or you'll have war at your doorstep. And don't try moving him to another city, we are currently taking great measures to make sure that's impossible. Good luck negotiating for your lives.

She hung up on me. 

Okay, what the fuck? Should I take any of what just happened seriously?

Somebody touched my shoulder all of a sudden and I almost got whiplash from how fast I whirled around to stare at Dick. He was worried, there was a green light reflecting on his face and it took me a while to realize my eyes were making the green light. 

Bruce was behind him trying to steady himself and go over to Danny who, now that I paid attention, seemed to be the epicenter of the explosion and the cause.

 Seriously, what the fuck?

—Jay? Stop ignoring me! What was it about the call that made you so jumpy!?

Right, the call, definitely should bring that up to the others. Maybe replacement or babs could track it down and see if it was something to investigate or not. Either way, the fiery girl named a Danny, could it be this Danny? If so, what's so important about him? Why would we have a war if we didn't give him up? And with who? Could they want to hurt him or use him? He's clearly powerful enough to pack a punch if manipulated into being a weapon of mass destruction, but the girl sounded fucking sad, and how would they know about agent A? Only hero-adjacents knew about him and not all of them.

—Jason, your brother has been trying to get your attention, what could that phone call possibly be about to get you so distracted?

Fuck. Get your head in the game, dumbass. Okay. The phone call. Everyone is waking up and I couldn't spare any details so, think. What do you remember about it? Didn't the paranoid old man record everything? Which where the buttons to replay the most recent conversation?

—Here, I'm just gonna replay it.

As soon as the girls voice was heard The Kid was madly scrambling to his feet, his eyes alight with a plethora of emotions that seemed to be mostly variations of fond amusement as the call progressed. On the other hand, the family looked on calculatingly, analysing every minute detail. 

After it was all finished, before anyone could utter a simple fucking word, B's communicator started going off.

Seriously, what the fuck could be going on now?