Chapter 4

"Uh....no." I said as I started to back up.

"Don't be scared. We'll show you around." Said the man to her right as he walked closer to me. Meanwhile, the woman in the middle outstretched her hand to me as her fingers grasped a lock of my hair.

"My, my, such pretty hair you have." She said.

"Since when has my hair been pretty? It's jet black..." I thought.

"Loosen your fingers off my hair." Is what I ended up saying.

"Oh, you're so feisty, aren't you? Come, now. Don't be like that." She said as she walked closer to me and gripped even more of my hair.

She stopped talking and stared at me, but not my face. It looked like my chest area. When I looked down and back at her, I noticed she was staring at my necklace.

"Wow, that's such a pretty necklace."

"Don't you dare touch that. It has a mind of its own."

No, it actually does.

She let go of my hair and and reached her hand towards my necklace.

"That's such a pretty crystal. Give me that necklace. I want it." She said, grinning madly, her fingers brushing against the crystal of my necklace.

I slapped her hand away from my necklace.

"And let go of the only thing I have from my dead Mother? I'll never give you this. Now back off before someone gets hurt." I said.

I was confident on the outside, but scared on the inside. If I begun to tremble, everything was over.

What were they going to do to me? Kidnap me? Claim to be my friends when I didn't even know their names, let alone anything about them?

I wasn't strong like Kira. I couldn't do anything to them.

"Is there a problem?" Said a familiar voice from behind me.
Kori's POV
Once we got to the shady area, I began looking at the animals. Akane was holding onto my hand.

"Look! Is that a fat unicorn?!" Said Akane.

"No, that's a rhino." I said.

"Oh. It's not pretty like unicorns are."

"Yeah, and that's because unicorns don't exist." Yuki said from behind us.

"Yup." Said Kira.

"Hey, where's Neon? I haven't heard a single word from her since we got here." I said as I looked behind Kira, and then looked towards the front of the shady area, where I saw a girl from pretty far away-at least the middle of the park-talking to three people.

Wait....was that Neon?

I walked towards the front of our exhibit and looked in the direction. That had to be Neon.

"Found her." Said Kira as she appeared next to me.

"Let's check it out." I said, and then started walking towards Neon as Kira stayed close to me. Yuki and Akane were probably behind Kira.

After walking closer to her, I was able to hear some of the conversation.

"That's such a pretty crystal. Give me that necklace. I want it." Said the woman in the middle, grinning madly, reaching out to touch Neon's necklace.

Neon slapped her hand away from the necklace.

"And let go of the only thing I have from my dead Mother? I'll never give you this. Now back off before someone gets hurt." She said.