chapter 3 he wasn't invited

After what felt like hours of dancing, we stopped and had a few more pink drinks and talked with my brother. Damon came back a little later looking very worried "hey, I have a huge favor to ask. I know I made you come to this party and everything but I need you three to leave, someone I didn't invite showed up and I'm afraid he might cause a scene. I don't need backup or anything I just don't want you getting angry amaris, or you Mark throwing hands with some one under your standard" Damon seemed devastated.

"Damon if you need us to leave we will leave, but you brought me here and Mark lives the other direction. I can't really leave" I explained. "Fine I want you, Mark and yin to stay in my guest rooms upstairs, go to the stairs and through the door we all came in. Make a left and keep going until you hit the dead end, those two rooms at the end of the hall are empty" he pointed us to the door.

As we walked across the dance floor trying to get past all the fluffy and puffy dresses. My dress danced over the ball room floor as we made our way to the stairs. At the top of the stairs I stopped, I smelled the air then gasped "whats wrong are you okay?" Yin asked me. "No..." I whispered as I ran to the door, I hurriedly tossed it open and ran down the hall to the dead end. I opened one of the doors and flung it shut behind me as I hit the floor with tears running down my face.

"A second chance? After all I've been through. I killed my own father, I was happy when my first mate rejected me and I never showed him any emotion what so ever! I'm not cut out to be a mate I'm made to be a ruler, a queen." I thought as I got up and walked over to the bed. "Hey sis are you alright?" My brothers mindlink jersey me out of my thoughts "no I'm not, I can't have a second chance" I cried in our mindlink and I heard him gasp.

"Second chance mates only happen to special people Amaris, feel good the moongoddess gave you a second chance at love" my sister in law said cutting in. "Honestly forgot when you mate and mark each other it let's you into family links" I said laying on my bed. "Ill see you two in the morning before we leave, I just hope that my second chance didn't smell me" I told them as I cut off my mind link.

Still in my dress I fell asleep with nightmares of being rejected for who I was and what I could do. I've never been proud of myself for killing my father but I had to, to protect my people and to start a new beginning for foxes. I shot upright in bed, covered in sweat and breathing heavy, I pushed all the blankets back and started pacing the floor. My mind was going ninety to nothing and I could not help it, I had a second chance.

I had to leave before he found me, I slipped out of my room and knocked on my brothers door. Yin answered fully dressed, "we thought you would knock. Come in before someone sees you" she pulled me into the room. "We know you want to go home before your mate finds you, we can help but Damon said the person he didn't invite, ran off and he has no idea where he is" mark told me coming out of the bathroom.

"OK so we just need to be careful" I told them as I opened the door. Standing in front of me as I turned to face the open door was a man about 6"1. He had dark hair and his eyes were a bright green, like nothing I had ever seen before. Then I could smell it, the leather and pine smell from last night.

My brother pulled me behind him "and who do you think you are?" He asked "I'm rouge alpha Aiden of the northwest Eles pack. I'm also her mate" he smirked at me "so he's arrogant" my sister in law said pulling me behind her.

"Damon is on his way, I don't think you were invited to this party" my brother stood tall and proud. "Oh I wasn't, but I'm glad I broke up the fun" he said, I heard a growl in the hallway and knew it was Damon "Aiden I told to never to show your face around here again, your a monster to our kind!" Damon yelled. I saw hurt flash across his face but it became stone cold in an instant "just because your king here, doesn't mean im not king in my home. I'm also a king treat me with some respect." He spit out.

"I'm only here for my mate anyways, ill leave with her and be gone" he said smirking at me once more. My fox wasn't surfacing like she would, she seemed calm and pulled back. I wasn't going anywhere, I didn't even have a second in command to take over while I was gone, I wasn't leaving my people for some stranger.

"She's not going anywhere with you, not even if you are her mate" my brother spit and I felt a pain in my chest by his words, deep down I did want a mate but at the same time I wasn't ready for another rejection. He obviously had no idea who I was or my story, I was very known in these lands.

"You obviously have no idea who I am, I would just reject me now and get it over with" I said pushing past everyone in the door way. I was ready to go home.

"I don't care who you are, or what your shift is. I'm not rejecting you so you might as well come with me, or I'll stay here and continue to bug you" he said following me down the hall. "I'm going home, send me a message when you return home brother" I said turning the corner.

When I got around the corner I started walking faster, I didn't hear anyone behind me but I could hear arguing. I started running, I ran to the front doors and saw a carriage waiting on me. I jumped in and burst into tears "I do want a mate but I'm a monster. I don't deserve a mate" I thought as the carriage began its way to my home.

After I got home I changed into a night gown and went to bed, I might of just woke up but I was exhausted from everything this morning. Jasmine made sure I was not woke up, I sat up as the moon rose over the tree line and I smiled. It had been a while since I had slept so much.