chapter 4 you should eat

It had been a good two days since I came home. All I did was sleep, Jasmine helped me with my paper work and when I would wake up would tell me about what she had planned for the village. "You should eat something before you waist away in that bed" she told me bringing me a plate of fruit.

"Is there dragon fruit?" I asked sitting up in bed "of course its your favorite fruit i made sure we had some" she smiled sitting on my bed. She had on men's pants and a smithing shirt "you dress like one of the village workers" I told her handing her a bit of dragon fruit. "Well its comfy you should try the pants on some time" "you also need a bath you smell like sweat" she said taking my almost empty plate away.

She yanked the blankets off the bed "I already ran you a bath, I set you out a nice dress, ill brush your hair and we can go for a walk. Damons been worried sick about you and wanted to know what you were doing. I told him and he was not happy that you were just in bed." She pulled me to my feet and to the bathroom.

She stripped me and sat me in my bath "hey can I tell you something?" I asked her. She had no idea why I was acting the way I was unless Damon told her. "Ya sure" she said washing my hair "the night of the party. I found my second chance" I told her and I hear her gasp.

"Thats great! Why are you here sulking and not in his arms!" She yelled quickly washing the shampoo out of my hair. "I told him. He should reject me jasmine, he's not from this part of the world. Has no idea what I've done and has no idea what I can do and who I am. Jasmine I'm a monster and don't deserve a second chance!" I scream yelled. My fists in the water, I felt them heating up with my anger.

"Amaris if you ever call yourself a monster ever again I don't care if you are royal ill slap you." She said bluntly. "You deserve to be happy and have a mate no matter what you did. That was years ago and you learned to control yourself and the power. You also bloomed into a woman with feeling afterwards. You actually started smiling and I can hear you singing sometimes" she conditioned my hair.

"Because everything was finally over, I felt the weight lift off me. But jasmine, this is my kingdom I can't leave you all, I fought so hard for you all!" I exclaimed. "Well i do consider myself a very fine princess?" She asked and I smiled at her "not yet, I need time" I said washing my own hair out and getting out of the bath.

"But Amaris, my queen. You need a king?" She more or less asked "maybe jasmine, but not yet" I said as I slipped the dress on. Jasmine laced the corset top tight and we went for a walk like she said we would. "Damon and your brother are coming over with yin. They want to check on you" jasmine told me as we entered my garden filled with every single rose and poppy imaginable.

"OK" I told her as I sat in the grass, as we were talking about something one of the guards ran up to us "my queen! Intruders on the northern side, the smell rouge" he said out of breath. "We shall hurry" I said standing up and running with jasmine and the guard close behind.

I could hear the people of my kingdom screaming in fear, I felt my anger grow, "control" I told myself as we ran into battle. Well more like a small fight, I saw four rouges, they were taking out my guards left and right and I knew it would take more then just my guards to take them down and send them back to the woods where they belong. "My queen, its not safe you must go back-" I cut my head gaurd off, nice guy.

"My people are scared I'm not sitting in a castle and letting my people fight for themselves like my father" I stated. "Yes my queen" he said and I had jasmine loosen my corset. Before anyone knew what was going on I jumped in, my dress hitting one of the rouges in the face causing him to back up as I picked one of them up by the scruff of the neck and toss him towards the woods.

I heard gasps, I looked up and saw a big rouge glaring at me, he had a rhinestone stuck in his fur from my dress. He jumped at me and I jumped back and felt my hands growing hot "control, I'm not a killer" I told myself.

He still jumped at me again and again, no one intervened the battle they just watched. I didn't need help, he jumped at me again and I lifted my fit up connecting with his chin. He growled angry and I saw his eyes kinda glow. My body was growing hot and I could feel myself start to sweat.

"Go back to the woods! Get away from my kingdom!" I yelled with authority, he looked into the woods like he was thinking about it. Then he looked at me and back to the woods, then he jumped at me. I threw my hands in front of me and heard him yelp, I looked and noticed the charred hand prints in his chest fur.

His eyes held fear, just like my fathers eyes before I had to end his life "your a monster" my fathers words echoed in my mind. "LEAVE!" I yelled and I heard him whimper as I saw him run with his tail between his legs.

"I'm a monster to my own kind" I thought but I heard cheering and claping "our queen the hero!" They screemed but all I could hear was the fire inside me. Burning alive once more, I had put the fire out the day I killed my father, because only then did I feel I wasn't a monster. Emotionless, I felt numb I had lost my own battle. The emotion was so strong, I was so angry I felt so alone.

My people saw me as their hero, their knight in a dress but I didn't feel that way, I felt like a monster. I felt a very hot tear fall down my cheek and wiped it away, I turned and walked back to the castle. My power was awake and I needed to keep it at bay, before I killed someone else.