chapter 7 nightmares and fire

Dream state.

I was in the field with him, it was before I killed him. I saw his face and the deep sadness in his eyes and the want to live. But what he did to me and my brothers and my people set my eyes ablaze but before I could kill him. Time seemed to stop, I was frozen. I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was him, my mate. "Your right I should reject you. You are going to kill your own father when you could just banish him and make him a rouge." My heart stopped.

I couldn't do that or he would come back for the kingdom and me. It had to happen. "I Aiden, reject you as my-" everything stopped again but this time my father spoke. "All your mate will want is pups. He will never love you! Your a terrible excuse for a queen! I tried to raise you right and this is the thanks I get!" My head was spinning and so was the field.

I started feeling like I was going to pop, I could feel the heat in my body growing and it scared me. "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" I screamed.

"Amaris wake up! Its a nightmare wake up!" I shot up tears pouring down my face my body burning up "SHUT UP!" I screamed. I threw my blankets off and went to stand up but I fell onto the floor. My legs hurt and I felt so much emotions. I killed my own father, my first mate and I rejected each other, my kingdom was still being built after two years.

My life was a huge mess and to top it off my powers were out of control! "Amaris its okay its just a dream please snap out of it! It was only a dream!" Jasmine yelled sitting next to me on the floor. She had tears in her eyes and her hands looked super red "what happened?" I asked trying to take her hand.

She jumped back from me and I pulled back "no, no, no!" I yelled backing myself into a corner. "Amaris please calm down" Jasmine said her voice held authority but also fear, I made the only person I trusted scared of me, I burned her and it was all my fault.

"Get out" I said and I saw shock in her eyes "what?" She asked "get out! Get out and go get your hands treated!" I yelled starting to get up. She ran to the door tears running down her face as she slammed the door shut behind her. I got up fast enough to lock my door.

....three days later...

I sat in my room for three days, no food no people saw me and I never let anyone in not even Jasmine who begged for me to open the door. It was dangerous, my powers were so out of control and I had burned my second in command. "Amaris open this door right now!" Damon and my brothers yelled at the same time.

I didn't speak I had my window open a little and let the wind blow in. I shut the window as I hear people talking outside, my room felt like it was on fire. I was burning up. I lay on the floor cooling off my face slowly putting me to sleep, I closed my eyes.

I heard something in the bathroom but didn't get up, "get...out" I muttered. I was weak from not eating and trying to control my powers with little success. "Why didn't they call me sooner?" A voice asked and I just balled up. The room started cooling off but I still felt like my body was burning. My powers were never this out of control but I was also weak from not eating, I still had my eyes shut.

"I'm going to pick you up, just wrap your arms around my neck" the voice said. "N-" he cut me off by picking me up, I felt my arms touching his skin. "Am I hurting him? Why won't they just leave me alone?" I asked myself. I felt his skin, it was cool under my own and I felt myself sighing in relief, it wasn't a burning like you were on fire kind of pain, more like your sick and have a high fever like you get headaches and you can feel your own heat.

But to everyone else it was a real burning pain, like from fire, so how was this guy not yelling or crying out in pain. "P-put-" I was cut off again but this time from the door opening and a bunch of questions being asked at once. "Just move out of my way" he said "look its not our fault, she didn't want anyone to know" I heard my brother say. "What do you mean? You all seem to know" we were still walking.

"Look she didn't want us to call you. She's stubborn and very independent and she thought she would be fine. We told her it wasn't a good idea but she didn't listen." Damon said sounding pissed off. "Aiden look, its up to her to tell you her past and everything but just understand she hates talking about it" I started falling asleep. I finally didn't feel like I was burning up I felt calm.

"Wait isn't that our mates name?" I asked myself, Aiden I told them i was fine. I must look so weak and a mess. I fell asleep thinking about how much my mate probably hated me now.