chapter 5 im making you my number 2

I sat in bed that night thinking about how I lost control, it had been years since I had used my powers and I could feel then surfacing. I heard a knock on my door "come in" I yelled as I slipped my legs over the bed "hey um, I know whats going on and I'm sure we can figure this out" Jasmine voice echoed in the room as she shut the door.

"Jasmine, I need to ask you something" I had been thinking about this since I got back from the ball. "What is it my queen?" She asked and I felt my hands shaking. The room felt to hot "I need to ask you something big, would you be willing to be my second in command. For when I'm sick or I leave for a while ill need someone like you to watch over the kingdom" I told her looking over at her standing by my door still.

"I would be honored" she said smiling from ear to ear. She walked over to me "Amaris I know your scared because of your power re surfacing. And I think I know why. After you were rejected. It was easy to keep your powers at bay, but now that you have a second chance and you haven't rejected each other yet. The power of him also being an alpha has brought your powers back, thats what I'm assuming anyways" she said shrugging.

Before we knew what happened my door burst open "why the hell are you not responding to my letters!" Yelled Damon as he marched into my room. "How the" I was shocked he was here. He got past all the guards, or they just let him in since he is the king of wolves and my friend. "I haven't been in my meeting room where my letters are sent, I've been in here and in the garden taking a break" I said. The room felt hotter and I was starting to sweat.

"Oh taking a break? Thats knew, oh and that guy who said he was your mate, he left to go back to his land but he told me to tell you 'ill be back for you when I get my problems at home in order' but I wouldn't take it to heart" Damon said.

"He is my mate damon, my second chance. After meeting him, my powers have been a little out of control" I explained. I stood up as I could feel my body heat rising. "Oh crap, really? Him of all people? You can't get a break honey, he's like the king of rouges or something like that" Damon said and I rolled my eyes. "Great im always the mate of a rouge" I said and Damon flinched "oh sorry forgot he's your brother my bad" I said feeling a little bad for calling him out.

"No problem, but if its true then he will be back to try and take you away. Oh maybe you guys can merge kingdoms? That hasn't happened in years, since your brother and yin married anyways" he was right.

Yin was a wolf shift but she was a dire wolf shift. They were said to be extinct, but one day when my brother went to meet up with a few of his spys, they came across unkonw pack land. Turned out to be her and her pack hiding deep in some jungle off the coast of the Atlantic.

"Maybe, but Im a, I'm not sure if he knows what he's getting into if he doesn't reject me. I don't want to hurt anyone with my um, power but-" he cut me off. "You are a queen Amaris, with powers from the moongoddess to protect your people. You would never hurt someone unless you had to and if it was an accident then you'll be fine. I'm sure once you hear about his story you'll see that you guys are like fire and ice, a perfect balance now that I think about it" he said smiling to himself.

He turned around and walked out of my room closing the door behind him "not sure what he means but okay" I said feeling th heat of the room. "Shit, bathroom now" Jasmine said as she could tell I was burning up.

After I stepped into the cold water it started bubbling "you need to cool down, I get that your not controlling them at the moment but try and get a grip" Jasmine said adding more cold water to the tub. "I'm trying, I don't understand this" I said closing my eyes and trying to get a grip on my powers.

After a few hours jasmine had left to go check on things and I was falling asleep in the tub. I closed my eyes and let my head rest, Jasmine had tossed in some rose body wash and had made bubbles to help calm me down. With my eyes shut I started talking to myself "I just don't get it, why would she give me a second chance after all I've been through and done?" I felt someone enter the room, "jasmine if thats you, please bring me one of those cold rags, my heads still on fire" I said not thinking much of it.

I felt a cold rag being laid across my eyes and forehead "thanks, you know its been forever since I've had an outburst like this and I hate putting you on the spot, you shouldn't have to take care of me" I said but I got no response. "You know its strange. I haven't shifted in awhile, maybe later when I cool off we can go for a run. Oh and after that, since you like to braid my hair ill let you do that" I was trying to get her to talk to me. I was starting to feel alone in this castle.

I sat up in the tub and removed the rag from my face to reveal my bathroom window open and no one but me in my bathroom. "Oh for goddess sake, don't tell me..." I reached out and pulled my towel to me as I stood up. I wrapped myself in the blue fabric and I could feel the heat from my body.

"I wish my powers would cool down a little" I said as I shut the window "some stranger walks in here and i didn't even know, I bet it was my powers acting up making me not pay attention" I said to myself as I walked out of my bathroom.