chapter 9 i wont reject you

After what felt like forever I finally got up off the bed and walked over to the door and tried the nob. It opened up and I mentally hit myself, the hall was full of light but it felt kinda chilly. I wrapped my arms around myself as I continued to walk down the hall. Not a single guard was posted, not even one walking the halls like I would of had.

I made it to a stair case and started down it. About half way down I started smelling Damons scent. I rushed down the stairs and ran straight into him and my brother who were talking. "Sis are you okay?" Mark asked helping me up and I looked at him and smiled "ya I'm fine I was getting-" Damon cut me off "do you feel better? No more outbursts? Did we make the right call?" He asked and I glared at him.

"No outbursts yet. Yes I feel better but thats besides-" he cut me off again. "Thats great! It was the right decision, let's go find you something to eat and we can talk more" Damon grabbed my hand and started leading me about the place like he lived here. "Damon shouldn't we be asking before we go-" he yet again cut me off and I felt a small spark starting.

"No need to ask anything he gave us permission to run a mock his castle as long as we don't break anything. We are way younger then him after all and he sees us like kids. We act like them anyways." Mark followed close behind me as we walked through door after door.

Damon finally found the kitchen after almost and hour of walking and when we got there we had lunch waiting on us. Plates of what looked like pulled pork and veggies sat steaming and waiting for us to dig in. We sat down and ate.

It wasn't pulled pork but venison, the deer was so tender and juicy. After we ate Damon and mark took me back to the room I was staying at and we sat down on the floor and talked. "Oh the night you two met I need to apologize, I called him a monster to our kind but I was just super pissed" Damon blushed a bright shade of pink.

This whole thing took a turn, at first Damon hated this guy with a passion but now he was apologizing for calling him names? What happened when I was asleep? "We are a monster" a voice in my head whispered. I knew no one else could hear it, "I bet he's ready to get us out of his castle" the voice said again.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts, Damon opened the door and let who ever knocked in. Aiden stood shutting the door behind him "looks like you found her" he said rubbing his hands over his eyes as if he was super stressed. "Is it too cold for you guys?" He asked like he could change the temperature of the room.

"Just a little but Amaris seems comfy so we will be fine" Mark said and Aiden smiled at me. His green eyes had a familiar look in them, curiosity. "Did you like dinner?" He asked me sitting down on the floor next to Damon who moved over for him. "Yes it was very good thank you so much" I said kindly smiling "its all fake" the voice said again and I felt my smile flicker.

No one seemed to notice as Damon started talking about how winter hit super hard for his people and kingdom. Once I was better I could go home I didn't need to be protected, my powers seemed in control but I was also not at home. I was with my mate. What if this was all because they called for him and he saved me? Could my powers be good because I'm with my soul mate? "Nothing will ever be good for you" the voice said.

Why would this voice not go away? Was it my self conscious trying to tell me something or was it my brain thinking of all the bad things and not expecting the good? "Has anyone contacted Jasmine to see how-" I was cut off yet again by Damon. "Ya got it settled" he said as he continued to talk about his kingdom "little freaking snake! You have no idea what you just did that was the last straw!" I yelled in my head.

"Damon shut up." I said and everyone looked at me and Damon shut up and looked at me funny. "What?" He asked actually confused "I said shut up. Your giving me a headache." I said bluntly standing up and walking over to the dark window, I glanced out and saw how dark it was.