chapter 5.

POV *Emelia*
~
I hear someone knock on the front door and I stand up, about to go downstairs to answer it. "I got it!" Liz calls to me from downstairs. I listen from my bedroom. I hear Liz open the door and then mumble. I can't understand what they are saying, until Liz calls up to me, "Em! Someone is hear to see you!" She says  in a very exciting voice. For a second I thought it was going to be my parents but then realized that would never happen.

I walk to the stairs and glance down at the front door where Liz and a man with purplish hair stand. I stand at the top of the stairs and the boy looks up at me. Right when I saw the eyes. I knew it was him. I sprint down the stair and into his arms. He hugs me so tied I feel secure. I was not expecting this sort of thing considering we haven't seen eachother in years. But it felt so good. We stood there in mid-hug for a full minute. "You remember me." he says as he slowly let's go of me. "of course I do Michael. I missed you." I say looking into his bright green eyes that give me warmth. "You have no idea Emelia." He whispers to me.
~
I invite him inside and we sit down next to eachother on the couch.
"You have no idea how much I have been thinking of you. I missed you so much, Luke had to come up with this idea of coming to see you." He says looking at me with amazement. "I have thought about you every day." I reply admiring his looks and his beautiful faded purple hair.
~
We caught up with eachother and talked for 3 hours. Then we made plans to go to lunch the next day. After that, he told me he had to go see his family.
~
When he left, all I could think about was Joseph. I have to leave him. soon, really soon. Michael is back, and he told me that he likes me and I told him that I like him too. The only thing standing in our way is Joseph, who he doesn't know about yet.
~
I decide to text Joseph. I start off the conversation with a simple "hi." What made me sad is that he texted back "Hey bae<3". Why does this have to happen to me? I don't want to break Joe's heart... He thinks I love him. I need to tell him. I text him innocently "I don't love you." tears rolling down my face as I press the send button. shortly after, I regret doing this over text.
~
RING RING, RING RING
my phone rings. Joe again.
"Hey." joe says solemnly.
"Hi"
"Why don't you love me?"
"I love someone else. I have always
loved someone else."
"Who?"
"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry, but we're done. I'll see you around Joe. I hope we can still be friends."
"Bye Emelia. I'll miss you."
~
I slowly hang up the phone and hold my head in my hands. "Well that was a short conversation." But I soon become happier knowing that I have Mikey.
~
Michael and I planed to meet each other at 12:30 in the afternoon at the hamburger place down the street. I have never tried a hamburger before, but was too afraid to tell him that. I was too excited when he asked me. I don't know if it's a date or not. We haven't seen each other in so long, I would be surprised if it was a date. But I don't know...
~
(THE NEXT DAY)
I wake up at 10:00 in the morning and put on my favorite pair of jeans with a old Police t shirt that I cut the sleeves and bottom off of. I slip on my black converse and throw my long, soft, light brown/blonde hair into a loose pony tail. I head downstairs to say good morning to my sister and to eat breakfast. When I get downstairs I see my sister sitting at the table with her head in her hands, crying. "what's wrong?" I say as I sit down next to her. "don't worry about it. We'll figure things out." she tells me. "Liz, I have never seen you like this. You obviously can't do this alone. What is it?" I ask her. "It's not just me Em. If I tell you, you'll be torn. Just like me." she says taking in a huge gulp of air. "tell me right now Liz." I say sternly. "Mom and dad. They are dead. I know they left us Em, but I just can't believe it. Even if we were going to try to find them. We wouldn't be able to. Because there're gone, forever." Liz says, her wet eyes looking into mine.
~
(2 HOURS LATER)
12:15
I grab my jacket, hat, and scarf. I step out into the cold air. On my way to meet Michael.

As a look around at the atmosphere surrounding me, I quickly remember that it's winter. That used to be my favorite season, because my parents. But now that they're gone, it seems like it's the worst.
~
The cold air blows at my face making me shake. I picture Michael's green eyes and I'm warm again. Remembering yesterday when he hugged me so tight.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

I think this is my favorite chapter that I wrote so far.
-S