chapter 7.

Video: ATL - Back Seat Serenade

POV *Emelia*
~
Going out to lunch with Michael (and the other boys) was great. I walk back home smiling at the thought of him kissing me.
~
I walk into my house and my sister meets me at the door. Not to greet me or ask me how it went, but to go out with her friends. Which she deserves to do, considering she cried the whole morning. Walking up to my room, I remember what happened on the "date."
"I showed him my scars." I whisper to myself. "Why did I do that?" Looking at myself in the full-length mirror on the back of my bed room door. I look at my wrists at the scar tissue remands of the "bad times." the days I felt alone, when I had no one. Not even my sister. She would always be out at parties. I guess our parents leaving was always a good thing for we at first. Never having to listen to them talk about how rebellious she was, never having to sit in on Friday nights... It wasn't great for me. I had one friend at that time. Her name was Hilary. She moved away almost a year ago, now I have absolutely no friends. Well, if you call the people that bully me my friends, I guess I have a lot. I turn my wrists toward the mirror. "They don't know me." I tell myself calmly, trying not to remind myself that I have to go back to school on Monday. (tomorrow.)
~
2 and a half hours later, my sister arrives home. (8:00 PM)
She walks into my room where I am sitting on my bed with headphones on.
"Back seat serenade, dizzy hurricane, oh god I'm sick of sleeping alone." One of my favorite bands, All Time Low, rings through the ear pieces of my headphones. The volume was up all the way, so when my sister walked in, she startled me.
"Emelia!" I jumped as Liz screamed my name. "oh, sorry Liz. ATL really sucked me into a whole new world there." I reply, giggling. "That's alright. so, girl, how was your date??" She asked me with excitement in her voice. I smile wildly and look down at my computer. "It was absolutely wonderful."
~
I climb into bed and set my alarm for 6:00 am. Because school... I reach to turn out the lamp and spot my most recent scar. I remember that. A month clean. I thought to myself, while clicking off the lights.
~
(6:00 am, the next morning)
ERRRRR, ERRRRRR
the alarm wakes me up. "ugh." I say softly but frustrated.
I go to my dresser and pull out an over-sized sweater that covers my whole wrists, and a pair of jeans. I quickly change into them, take out the pony holder in my hair and leave it down, then go downstairs for breakfast (a piece of toast with butter.) I don't allow myself to wear makeup. Hilary used to tell me that I didn't need it, that I was perfect the way I am. I listened to her.
~
I get a text message from Michael, which is strange because I forgot to give him my number. The text was a picture of a small little kitten standing on its hind legs and saying "have a good day!"
This made me smile, taking away the thought of how bad school was going to be.
I send a text back. A simple heart. He quickly sent one back, as if he was waiting for my response.
~~
~
I get into the car and drive a mile to my high school. Driving into the parking lot where students are allowed to park their cars. Finding the farthest parking spot from the entrance, I turn off the car, grab my bag from the back seat, and start the walk to the school that only takes 1-2 minutes.
~
Setting my backpack in front of my locker, a boy from my PE class walks over to me with a group of his friends. "And here was have the suicidal princess!" He introduces me to people that know me well. Him looking back at them laughing, I notice one boy who was not laughing at all. "Jay, that's not very nice." he says looking at the kid who is named Jay, disappointingly. "Oh, you want to join her?" He asks smirking. "go ahead!" Jay continues pushing the boy into the locker next to mine, then running away with the rest of his friends.
"I'm sorry about that." the boy says. "I'm Wess." he says with a smile, putting out his hand to greet mine. "it's alright, I'm used to it. I'm Emelia." I say, smiling back and putting out my hand to meet his. "nice to meet you Emelia." he says politely. "You too, Wess." I say smiling at the ground as I let go of his hand. "Well, I have to get to my chem class, see you around." he says as we say good bye.
~
Maybe things are getting better? I have a boy friend. And now I might actually have my very own soon to be, best friend.
~
Walking into Biology class, I run into 3 different people, making 3 different rude remarks. "you just gotta ignore them." I tell myself as I walk into the classroom.
~
I think about Mikey the whole day. How sweet he is, how lovable he is, how handsome he is. Thinking about the next time I will see him.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys like this so far...
-S