chapter 6.

POV *Mikey*
~
(Looking back on yesterday.)
She was beautiful. More so than the last time I saw here. The hug was do wonderful, like my other half was coming back to me to make me full again.
~
I get dropped off by a taxi at a burger joint down the street from Emelia's house. Is it too early to ask her to be my girlfriend?
~
I arrive at the place at exactly 12:30. Emelia is standing out front waiting for me. She looked sad. Really sad. I get out of the taxi and run up to her, we give each other a little, but tight hug. Something was wrong. Luke always tells me that I have a peculiar talent of always knowing when someone is sad. Even if they don't show it.
"What's wrong, Em?" I ask her in a concerned matter.
She looks up at me, her eyes glistening with tears. Right when I saw the look on her face, I remember reading he news paper this morning. Stating that a couple from Australia have past away in a car accident. I pull her tight to my chest and let her cry on me.
"I love you." she says to me with her head half on my chest, half on my sholder.
"I love you more Emelia." I say looking down at her.
She's short compared to me. I'm the second tallest in my band, Luke being the first.
~
We walk inside the "restaurant" (really an 80's style fast food joint) holding hands. Her hands were cold. I hold them tighter than i should to make them warm.
We take a seat at the closest empty booth. Her sitting on one side and me sitting across from her. The waitress comes over to the table and smirks at me like she knew me and Em were meant for eachother. "2 burgers please." I say to the lady. "coming right up." She replies politely as she walks away from the table.
~
"So, Emelia. I heard what happened, to your parents." I say solemnly. "I don't give a fck anymore. They left me and my sister here alone in the first place." she says with a touch of angriness in her voice. I try to change the subject to avoid leading the conversation into awkwardness. "I haven't seen you in 3 years. and I haven't stopped thinking about you since then."
"To be honest, I thought you forgot about me." she replies still looking down at the table. "I would never forget you. I have loved you since we were 14. I know that sounds weird, but I really have. And I still love you," I pause "I know it's been awhile, and this may be too soon to be saying this, but I need you." She looks up at me when I finish talking. "I need you." She tells me.
~
Emelia takes off her jacket and hangs it up at the end of the booth. I notice all the bracelets she was wearing on her arms. Like she was hiding something. She catches me starring at her wrists and quickly put her arms underneath the table to avoid contact with them.
"Emelia," I say demandingly pointing for her to let me see her wrists. She places her arms back onto the table. I grab her hand and pull it towards myself. I slide the bracelets up to her forearm to reveal the scars scattered across her wrist. "I've stopped. Don't worry." she looks up at me with her bright blue eyes. "Babe, you have to stay strong. Even when it gets hard. I don't care if you stopped, you still did it in the first place and those scars will never go away." I tell her. "I'm sorry Mikey."
~
Right as she said that, the door to the "restaurant" opens and Calum, Ashton, and Luke walk in as I remember that I invited then because they were friends with Emelia too.
I spot Emelia quickly putting the bracelets back over her scars and pulling her arms back underneath the table.
The boys run to our booth and squeeze in next to us. Everyone gasping at the sight of seeing Emelia again. All the boys give Emelia and big hug and we sit there for 4 hours talking and catching up with each other. Telling Emelia about the recent tour we went on and the coming tour "ROWYSO." She was amazed by how talented we were and telling us that she was listening to "She Looks So Perfect" the other night. She also told us that "Good Girls" was her favorite song by us.
~
Time flew by, and soon we had to say goodbye to eachother. But we did make plans to go somewhere the next day... But I told her that it was a surprise.
~
Before we say "see you soon"s and "see you tomorrow"s, I kiss Emelia on the cheek when the boys aren't looking. She blushes wildly and tells me that she loves me.
~
~ (At home)
I walk into my house and find my mum standing in the doorway waiting for me. "where were you? Who were you with? Was it a girl?" So many questions in one sentence. "I was at the burger place with an old friend. And yes she is a girl. Possibly my girlfriend." I don't know why I was telling my mum this. I am 19 years old and it should be none of her buisness.
~
I walk into my room and take out my acoustic guitar. I decide to play my chords from "Long Way Home." It felt nice playing on my acoustic. It's been awhile.
~
I look around my room to see all my posters and signs, my favorite one saying, "I'm not cute, I'm punk rock." a sign a fan from Boston made for me. Looking around my room made me think of Emelia for some reason. I decide to take out my collage book from underneath my bed to look through the pictures from my childhood. The first picture I see is of me and Calum, playing the guitar in the school talent show. I turn the page and see a picture of my band mates, then I notice a girl standing in between me and Luke. "Emelia." I say smiling, remembering when she told me that she loved me earlier. She was always there.

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

Hi
- S