chapter 17.

Video: Goner - Twenty One Pilots

POV: *Emelia*

-

On the plane I decided what I did was wrong. I shouldn't have fell for Luke when I love Michael. I needed Michael.

-

He grabs my arm as rain pours over me. He blabs words that are important but I can't stop staring at his memorizing eyes in the dark night. After what seemed like an hour of him talking to me about how much he loves me I couldn't help it. Apparently he couldn't either. He kissed me. Butterflies filled my stomach the moment he grabs my arm but even more started to fill in as I felt his lips apon mine.

-

After that kiss, everything was different. We showed the world that we belong to and love each other.

The boys and I make a plan the next day to go back home. Leaving Hilary alone. The truth is, I didn't even want to be friends with her. So, we didn't give each other our phone numbers or how to contact each other.

-

I sat next to Michael on the plane ride home and he held my hand the whole time. Halfway home I fell asleep on Michael's shoulder. It was surprisingly comfortable.

-

We get home and it is late at night. The boys drop me off at home and I go straight to my room. Without saying hi to Liz. I didn't even know where she was.

I don't put on my pajamas. I fall asleep wearing the clothes I had on all day.

-

The night goes by quick and my alarm clock goes off at 8:00 a.m.

I run down the stairs to see Liz and get breakfast.

No Liz.

I grab a frozen waffle out of the freezer and eat it without heating it up.

"Where's Liz?" I ask myself.

I run upstairs as fast as I can. I look in Liz's room.

Nope.

"Liz?"
I open the bathroom door and stumble back as I see Liz on the tile floor.

"Liz!"
I kneel down next to her and put two fingers on her neck to check her pulse.

"Oh my god."

No pulse.

I whip out my phone and dial the ambulances number.

The truth is, my whole family was somewhat like this. My parents were always drunk. They took drugs too, just didn't die from them, yet I suppose if they didn't crash their car, they would've overdosed by now. Me, I was suicidal. I'm lucky I'm not dead right now. Elizabeth was the on that saved me in the first place. Now she's here. Laying on the cold tile floor. Dead. Just like everyone else. I'm all alone now.

-

"I'm so sorry Emelia,"
The doctor says looking me in the eyes.

"drug overdose."
He continues.

"She dead."
I murmur to myself.

The doctor puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me."
I say looking up at him and hitting his hand off my shoulder.

"Listen, things like this happen a lot, I know she was your sister, and you loved her very much-"

"She was all I had."
I clench my teeth holding back the tears.

"We can get you a foster-"

"No."

"You don't have any other family Emelia."

The doctor now grabs my wrist and then immediately notices the cuts on my wrists.

"Emelia," the doctor says shocked.

"Don't touch me." I say pulling my arm away.

"We can get you the help you need."

"I can take care of myself."

I run out of the hospital and get into the car.

I can't hold back the tears anymore.
I break down. Laying my head on the steering wheel, I cry.

A half an hour later, I decide to go see Michael.

My eyes are misty and blurry as I drive. 15 minutes till I reach my destination.

I continue to drive straight. I car come speeding around the street that says no U turns. About 85 mph from what I can tell. I panic as they come straight towards my car. They hit me. With all force.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeeep, beeeeeeeeeeeep."

The cars surrounding me are loud.

My life flashes before my eyes.

"How was your first day of school sweetheart?"

"Mommy? What is in your mouth?"
"A cigarette."

"And what does your daddy do?"
"He hit me."

"Happy 7th birthday!"

"Happy 8th birthday!"

"Mommy! Daddy!"

"Hi, I'm Michael."

"I'm Luke."

"Michael, I like you."

"I like you too."

"Bye sweetheart. We will be home soon."

"Lizzy, what are you doing?"

"Don't worry about it. Okay?"

"Where are mommy and daddy? Did they leave you, just like everyone else?"

"Don't cut yourself anymore."

"Hi, I'm Joseph. You can call me Joe."

"Happy 14th birthday."

"I really like you Em. Wanna be my girlfriend?"

"Joe, I've been waiting for you to say that forever."

"I don't want anyone's help!"

"Michael's coming back!"

"Emelia, I missed you so much!"

"Mikey!"

"Joseph. we need to break up."

"Mikey. We can finally be together."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Look who it is, the suicide queen."

"I can't do this anymore!"

"I know you like Mikey. But I like you."

"I love you Emelia."

"Liz!"

"Drug overdose."

"Stuff like this happen a lot.

"We can get you the help you need."

The last thing I hear is the faint sounds of sirens.

-
-

Ugh, this is gonna be peculiar I guess.
-S