Chapter 25: The Traitor

ARIANA'S POV:

I was bewildered as I stammered, "I... I d-don't know. I just know that I feel too much for him and he doesn't."

I could feel my stomach twisting into a knot as I said those words. It hurted me knowing that I was just wasting my time and I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't stop myself from having feelings for him. I felt like a lost puppy.

Damien rolled his eyes and said, "He does, dumbass."

I sighed and muttered, ""I know he cares for me and all those stuffs. But I don't know about his feelings and it hurts me. Even if he has feelings for me, he'll suppress it and try to get way from it. Then, he'll avoid me again and I don't wanna lose him... This is all I have."

Damien looked at me with apprehension because he didn't know what to say. I smiled at him even though there wasn't a bit of happiness in me and left the room. The conversation was becoming awkward with every passing second.

Days passed by rapidly without me even realizing. My regular schedule revolved mostly around my training session and Anushka was an amazing trainer. She would explain me everything clearly and she also helped me fix my errors. I gained lots of agility and learned many smart tactics. But most importantly, I grew even stronger and more confident. She also praised me all the time for being a fast learner which made me ecstatic. Passing my time with the crazy Stefani siblings, Liam and Kylie was something else. They would always fight over one thing or the other and it was one of my favorites to watch! Everyone liked drama and to watch people argue. Sometimes, I even sat with popcorn and coke to enjoy their fight and to encourage them in the fight.

Wow, I feel like a horrible person!

But let me tell you something. They might both start fighting with high spirits. But, Liam was the one who would always end up getting a slap or kick. Kylie really loved to torture her innocent brother. I used to chuckle everytime Liam looked at Kylie with helplessness. Their relationship really amazed me because they might fight all day long. But, they still loved each other more than themselves and could readily die for each other.

Well... they can kill each other too because Kylie has really got Xander's temper.

Of course the greatest maniac, Damien Stefani was a part of my routine. He was always there to annoy me. Sometimes, he would jump on my bed and ask me to jump with him. By jumping, I don't mean jumping on the mattress, naked! I mean jumping on the bed like kids do! If I refused to do so, he'd make puppy eyes and almost force me to do childish stuffs with him. We often conducted pajama parties where we would eat like hungry creeps and dance like lunatics. Every moment I spent with him made me laugh and smile. He made me happy and enhanced my cheerful side. He never let me be sad over anything or be alone. He was way more than an annoying manwhore. An adorable and childish person hid behind the his flirty and horny attitude. He wasn't any less of a horny motherfucker either but at least he was tolerable. He was a complete weirdo. But I liked that the most about him because that made it easier for me to be friends with him.

It was Damien with whom I used to hang out the most these days. He was the easiest person to talk to and he was super different from the Stefani siblings. In a good way. To be completely honest with you, he became the closest friend I ever had in my life. He really became my BEST friend. A true friend who would never leave my side no matter what because he was a true person... a person who wouldn't judge you because of your problems but instead, will support you.

Xander didn't lie when he said that he would be busy. He was always busy with his work. Both legal and illegal. By legal, I mean work related to his hotel and by illegal, you know it all. He used to stay in his office till late night and attend calls, deliberately. But, he would always try to give me some of his time no matter how busy he is. I don't know why but his cold attitude completely went off when he was with me. He would always try to make me feel like home... feel special. He used to take me for exploring the beautiful spots of the hotel because it wasn't really convenient for me to go out with the Irish mafia after me and of course I felt special every time he did something for me. He used to take me to the hotel's restaurant for dinner and the hotel was magnificent. We used to sit by the teracce pool or go for a swim at night time while watching the ravishing view of New York. He was being TOO SWEET with me and it felt like he had something for me too... The days were being TOO GOOD to be real and that scared me because just like there's rainbow after a storm, there's always calm before a storm too. I was happy... hell, I was ecstatic! Life was the same but it was good. Everything was perfect, TOO PERFECT UNTIL THAT ONE DAY ARRIVED.